"La Roque Gageac" Top 5 Page for this destination La Roque-Gageac by himalia11
La Roque-Gageac Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 74 photos
La Roque Gageac is a little village at the Dordogne river, about 15 km south of Sarlat. It’s located at the bottom of a limestone cliff, with houses built directly on that cliff.
La Roque Gageac is a very touristy place, and on the main street you find many shops and restaurants. It’s only not too much fun to walk along it as it’s a narrow street with lots of traffic. But to leave the traffic behind, you either can walk up into the village or spend some time at the river.
There’s a large pay & display car park at the eastern end of the village, which was 3€ per day (2012).
- Pros:Nice place for a short stroll or a boat trip
- Cons:Lots of tourists
La Roque Gageac used to be an important Gabarre port, and nowadays you take trips on replicas of those flat-bottomed... more travel advice
himalia11's Related Pages
La Roque-Gageac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming village stretched along the Dordogne"
- "And a big rock at that"
- "One of the most beautiful villages imaginable"
- "La Roque Gageac"
- "A Cliff-Side Dordogne River Town"
- "Climb into La Roque-Gageac"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Roque-Gageac
- Hotels in La Roque-Gageac
- Transportation in La Roque-Gageac
- Restaurants in La Roque-Gageac
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Roque-Gageac
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to La Roque-Gageac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Roque-Gageac
Photos in La Roque-GageacSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Alpbach Intro, 18 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wetzlar Intro, 11 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaprun Intro, 9 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bundesland Salzburg Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos