"La Roque Gageac" Top 5 Page for this destination La Roque-Gageac by himalia11
La Roque-Gageac Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 68 photos
La Roque Gageac is a little village at the Dordogne river, about 15 km south of Sarlat. It’s located at the bottom of a limestone cliff, with houses built directly on that cliff.
La Roque Gageac is a very touristy place, and on the main street you find many shops and restaurants. It’s only not too much fun to walk along it as it’s a narrow street with lots of traffic. But to leave the traffic behind, you either can walk up into the village or spend some time at the river.
There’s a large pay & display car park at the eastern end of the village, which was 3€ per day (2012).
- Pros:Nice place for a short stroll or a boat trip
- Cons:Lots of tourists
La Roque Gageac used to be an important Gabarre port, and nowadays you take trips on replicas of those flat-bottomed... more travel advice
himalia11's Related Pages
La Roque-Gageac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming village stretched along the Dordogne"
- "And a big rock at that"
- "La Roque Gageac"
- "One of the Most Beautiful Villages Imaginable"
- "A Cliff-Side Dordogne River Town"
- "Climb into La Roque-Gageac"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Roque-Gageac
- Hotels in La Roque-Gageac
- Transportation in La Roque-Gageac
- Restaurants in La Roque-Gageac
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Roque-Gageac
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to La Roque-Gageac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Roque-Gageac
Photos in La Roque-GageacSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monschau Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bremen Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos
- Saßnitz Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kempten Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos