"Altena - town of wire with interesting castle!" Altena by himalia11
Altena Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 49 photos
Altena is located in the west Sauerland, a low mountain region in the south-east of North Rhein Westphalia. The town is found in the valley of the river Lenne, with mountains on each side, a very nice area!
Altena has a very interesting castle and as the main industry there was the wire production, you'll here also find a museum dedicated to wire. And when driving from Altena in direction Lüdenscheid, you'll see several old building of companies that have/had to do with wire.
If you don't feel like walking up to the castle, you can take the bus. It's a little bus that shuttles between the... more travel advice
The castle was build in the 12th century and got ruined over the years. In the early 20th century, the castle then was... more travel advice
himalia11's Related Pages
Altena Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Altena"
- "Altena - town of wire with interesting castle!"
- "The oldest youth hostel in the world"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Altena
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (88)
Have you been to Altena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Altena
Photos in AltenaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 29 reviews, 130 photos
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Franche-Comté Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limburg an der Lahn Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lindenfels Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos
- Monschau Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bad Ems Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Bremen Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos