"Besakih - The Mother Temple" Besakih by elainetan7906
Besakih Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 32 photos
According to some travel guild, Besakih began as an ancient teraced sanctuary for worshipping the god of the valcano - Gunung Agung. Its also appear to be the biggest temple in Bali. Besides the prayer, tourist are not allow to enter into the temple itself, we are only allow to walk around the temple and looking over the edge of the outer wall.
Lucky us, when we get there in March, there are having a local ceremony as like the picture here shows. I heard from the local that they are having some prayer for their passed away family. Quite a good experience. We are chasing them for the pictures, they might be thinking we are such a rude person :-p
There are many level of the temples, we walk until the top... wao! the scenery are just so amazing. The weather are not too good, gloommy day.. I think if thats a bright day, the picture will come out better.
elainetan7906's Related Pages
Besakih Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Besakih - The Mother Temple"
- "Besakih Temple"
- ""thanks for your respect!""
- "Pura Besakih: The mother temple"
- "Mother of all Temples"
- "BESAKIH : A BEAUTIFUL TEMPLE WITH UNWANTED DRAMA"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Besakih
- 1 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Besakih?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Besakih
Photos in BesakihSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 23 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Taipei Intro, 27 reviews, 66 photos
- Melaka Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 12 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 22 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Thum Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Karangasem Intro, 1 review, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 3 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Dayang Intro, 1 review, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pulau Tioman Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues