"Tulamben Diving!" Karangasem by elainetan7906

Karangasem Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 125 photos

First Time Diving in Bali

Tulamben, is a place which are covered with "Lawa" from Gunung Agung after the previous eruption. All the dive site with black colour as the background, and it make us easier to capture pictures underwater.

I bought a new camera with underwater casing (FujiFilm FinePix F30), this is the first time I'm using this camera underwater, the pictures come out not good, so.. please bare with me for a moments.. :-p

Diving in Tulamben is easier as it is all shore dive from the beach. For me, I'm not use to that at all, and because of the raining season, I have tough time getting in and out of the water. And thanks for the strong ladies in Tulamben helping us to carried tank and equipment, they are just amazing.

Mola-Mola Sighting in "Non-Mola-Mola Season"

Mola-Mola is a odd-shape fish only appear in Bali around July - August of the year in very cold water.. When we dive in the early morning in the Liberty Wreck, my DM "Wayan" saw one, and just can't believe it. He been diving in that area for many years, and never see this before. Right after he alert me of the fish, the fish swim very fast away from us, I try to chase it to have a closer look, but unfortunately, it just swim so fast and disappear from our sight. Lucky me!

The "Strongest" Woman I ever Meet

This is the woman I'm talking about earlier, they can carry 2 set of equipment on their head and walking around the stone beach. They are just too amazing!

• Last visit to Karangasem: Mar 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 13, 2007

• kelnsha's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2007 at 9:54 PM

Great underwater pics for a start. I like the Titan triggerfish staring @ the juvenile Emperor angelfish. Which dive operator did u dive with? - Kelvin, S'pore.

elainetan7906

“Go with your feeling & just be yourself!”

Badges & Stats in Karangasem

Have you been to Karangasem?

Latest Activity in Karangasem