"ABRUZZI NATIONAL PARK, LATIUM SLOPE" motagna's Profile

My passion for nature.

I have always liked nature since I was a little kid. I have never liked toys. Once my mother gave me a car toy I did not know how to play with it and I broke its wheels. Toys could not give me what nature could give me. We used to climb trees,explore new areas. We had everything we needed. Nature stimulates your imagination so much. Now that I am an audult I love nature even more and I have no intention to part from it. I am now involved in a project that has to do with nature, rural tourism and adventure tourism. www.italyfarmstay.com.

MY DREAM HAS NOW COME TRUE.

I live in Abruzzi National Park, Latium slope.
I grew up in a farm, I live in a farm.
MY PASSIONS: NATURE, COUTRYSIDE, MOUNTAINS, THE OUTDOOR, EXPLORING CULTURES THROUGH PEOPLE.
I have not started a project that includes all I like the most and it is related to the farm.

In our farm, we grow our own produce for our own consumption . We also produce olive oil and wine. We have rabbits, sheep, goats, chickens, pigs, bees and a beautiful donkey (she is the mascot of the farm, everybody gets to love her).
We also grow a great variety of fruit and vegetables that play a big role in our diet.
We recently started a farmstay - we only have 6 rooms and we can only host a small group of people per time. The guests are from all over the world but mostly from English speaking countries. This is sustainable tourism, that aims to have a positive impact on our community. We also want to give the chance to our guests to devolop an awareness and a critical approach of where the food that they eat comes from. We also offer a wide variety of activities that gives them the chance to reach mental and physical wellness.
Horsebak riding, yoga, hiking, cooking classes, Italian language classes, visit to the cheese making shepherd.

questa si che è vita !

As I have already said I like nature a lot. In my free time we go to search for truffles with dogs that give us the chance to experience mountain fully, the air is so pure up there that you really feel the difference.
It is very tiring you have to run fast to get the truffle before the dog eats it but it is good fun especially if you do it with a good friend. I don't even like truffles that much, I think that I prefer searching for them rather then eating them.

So when I have to take a decision, I need to think or I am sad that is where I go, after the walk I always feel better, I am strongly convinced that nature has always a positive effect on us. The wood loves me I know.

Nearby the place I live, there is a beautiful lake, it is called Lago Posta Fibreno. It is famous because of a floating island that changes its position when it rains.
This summer, my friend James from Irland came to visit me. As the weather was hot and sticky we went there everyday for a swim. The water is pretty cold and nobody goes for a swim just crazy people.
It is just for us.

GRAPE HAVESTING 2005

Annette from US helped us with the havesting this year..
Grape havesting is a big festival for us.
Anyway that is our beatiful donkey, Concetta the mascot of the farm - she is very beautiful.
She will have a baby donkey in May. We are looking forward for it !

• Intro Updated Oct 7, 2005

• Sep 25, 2008 at 6:10 AM

Privet, I wish you to have a happy life!!!

• MJB123's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2008 at 1:15 PM

Happy Belated Birtday and wishes for a 1000 more.

• Anjutka's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2008 at 10:57 AM

Buon Compleanno!!!Tanti auguri a te! Spero che stai bene!

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2007 at 2:22 AM

Bella pagina sulla natura! Saluti da Rovigo, Michele

• Urg's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2006 at 11:44 PM

Antonio, your project is absolutely amazing! It's such a great achievment - to be aware of what you love to do in life and actually get down to it - my respect! So happy for you!

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2005 at 1:12 PM

So this alligator is your pet? LOL

• Polska's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2005 at 2:31 PM

Happy belated Birthday Antonio! Sorry to be so late with the wishes, have just moved to Hungary. Greetz!

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2005 at 4:01 PM

Che pagina bellissima! La vita in campagnia deve essere meravigliosa, e' il mio sogno... Tu sei molto fortunato! Buon compleanno, Antonio! Divertiti! ;-)

• Pakistaniguy's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2005 at 2:18 PM

Happy Birthday

• kenda_c's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2005 at 9:17 AM

CIAO and happy birthday! i havn't talked to you in a while..how are things?

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
motagna's Profile Photo

motagna

“Life itself is an emotinal and spiritual journey”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.