"Bergen in Norway" Top 5 Page for this destination Bergen by Vikingwoman

Bergen Travel Guide: 945 reviews and 2,380 photos

BERGEN IN NORWAY

Just come to Norway... Bergen is the 2 biggest town in Norway, and the most beautiful town . You can walk arownd frome one place to the other. Just bring a map, and use good walking shoes.. The women are not so sophisticated, but remember... they are so natural and dont use a lot of make up..... ! The Viking women. Warning : You can turn your head to fast, and may need a chiropractor.! .... I t rains a lot in Bergen... So you have to bring a umbrella. But believe me... The last years has not been so bad.Just come... Its marvellolus... You find peace if mind... If you need help, just ask.. Most Norwegians understand English. The town is surrounded by 7 mountains, and you can come frome the sea.... You can look at the town from Fl?yen. If you dont walk you can use a cable car to the top. During the summer there is always something going on in Bergen. Come and see for your self ! 17.05 is our national day. (www.17-mai.com ) I9.05-30.05 we have something called Festspillene . At the same time we also have the Jazz festival. ((www.nattjazz.no).
(www.festspillene.no) During this time it can be difficult to get room in the hotels. If you like to se crazy Norwegians, you can come 4.06-5.06. Then we have the Drageb├ąt festival. In August we also have a Rock festival. (www.holeinthesky.no) And 9.09-11.09 Raptus 2004 Festival ( www.raptus.no ) So its a lot to see and a lot to do. If you come pleace stay for some days. You can also by a Bergen Card at the turistinformation or at the hotels. This brings your prices down. We also have free green busses going arownd in the town. Why not try this to ? Happy travel. You also find a lot of info at : www.bergen.guide.com

17 mai,

17.MAI.:
Its our national holiday.
We dress up and everybody has a Norwegian flag.. We walk singing and dancing and shouting in the streets. Dont be afraid ! We are just happy being a free country..! If you want you can se more about this in my travelouge...Have fun!

Bergen

This is a picture from the center. Looks nice yes ?....

• Pros:Clean and beautiful
  • Cons:Raining a lot and the vinmonopol
  • In a nutshell:This is where you find peace of mind
  • Last visit to Bergen: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated May 22, 2005

• akkipaa's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Thank you, I will :) In the matter of fact I have been visiting Bergen, both with car and flight. You have nice roads there, I might take my mc once. But not to those mountain roads, even in July :) Take care.

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2011 at 4:26 AM

Hello Hebbe, this is a very interesting Bergen page. I just wish I could afford to visit Norway again! fergy.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Not quite sure why there are prisoners with handcuffs by the church, but maybe you have to be there. ;-) nice little town, best, Karl

• benazer's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Very interesting pages here on Bergen,now i decided one day I must see this city,looks very beautiful'

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2007 at 9:20 AM

great tips!

• david4of5's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2006 at 2:54 PM

I agree completely, I was first in Bergen in November of 1960, I loved it. I spent Christmas in Bremerhaven Germany. I wanted to return to Bergen, It is my adopted home. I came back 6-14 September this year. US Navy way back, now retired.

• Nov 10, 2006 at 4:39 AM

Looks like I'm finally going to get a night in Bergen! A weekend even, all thanks to the bad weather. Hahey!!! Jem.

• Michael_D's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2006 at 12:25 PM

Norway is on my list for next summer. Im doing my research now. Greetings from sunny Florida.

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2006 at 1:12 PM

The city in your pictures looks wonderful. And the trip to see the fiords must be a real attraction. A very nice page. Thanks.

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2006 at 5:26 AM

Great, very interesting page! I hope to visit Bergen and your tips are very helpful. Greetings

Vikingwoman

“You know where you come from , but you dont always know where you are going...!..”

Badges & Stats in Bergen