"A family reunion" Top 5 Page for this destination County Dublin by nhcram

County Dublin Travel Guide: 5,592 reviews and 10,687 photos

Back with the family.

Our main reason to visit the Dublin area was to bring the ashes of Chris' mum back to a place she spoke about often. Val died in December 2005 and before her death asked that we return some of her ashes near to the Royal Marine hotel in Dun Laoghaire. Her great-grandfather had worked there and she felt that she wanted to be there too. We had been to the hotel a few years before and kept Vals' promise by returning. Unfortunately the hotel is being completely refurbished but we found a nice spot under a tree overlooking the hotel. I am sure she is keeping a watchful eye over the builders!
Whilst in the area we visited quite a few places and we were so lucky with the weather. The friendly, charming people make it a bonus to visit as does the local brew of Guiness and the green lush countryside.

Autumn colours

Our visit to the area was in the autumn. We had excellent weather and the colours of nature were stunning. They say it rains a lot in Ireland but we must have been so lucky as we never saw a drop.

Pretty coastline

The coast in this area is so pretty and in some places very rugged. Many celebrities live near here and I can fully understand why. Little beaches and bays with little boats in the harbours are so pretty to see.

• Pros:Friendly, charming people.
  • Last visit to County Dublin: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 19, 2006

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2006 at 1:31 PM

Dublin is a lot of fun = hope your loved one rests well = I know I would!

• hevbell's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2006 at 2:36 AM

hope you enjoyed your trip to Dublin! :) Nice start to your page anyway. I'm flying there tomorrow :)

nhcram

“See the world and its' people from all angles”

Badges & Stats in County Dublin

Have you been to County Dublin?

Latest Activity in County Dublin