"A family reunion" Top 5 Page for this destination County Dublin by nhcram
County Dublin Travel Guide: 5,648 reviews and 10,868 photos
Our main reason to visit the Dublin area was to bring the ashes of Chris' mum back to a place she spoke about often. Val died in December 2005 and before her death asked that we return some of her ashes near to the Royal Marine hotel in Dun Laoghaire. Her great-grandfather had worked there and she felt that she wanted to be there too. We had been to the hotel a few years before and kept Vals' promise by returning. Unfortunately the hotel is being completely refurbished but we found a nice spot under a tree overlooking the hotel. I am sure she is keeping a watchful eye over the builders!
Whilst in the area we visited quite a few places and we were so lucky with the weather. The friendly, charming people make it a bonus to visit as does the local brew of Guiness and the green lush countryside.
Our visit to the area was in the autumn. We had excellent weather and the colours of nature were stunning. They say it rains a lot in Ireland but we must have been so lucky as we never saw a drop.
The coast in this area is so pretty and in some places very rugged. Many celebrities live near here and I can fully understand why. Little beaches and bays with little boats in the harbours are so pretty to see.
- Pros:Friendly, charming people.
Built in 1822 Clery's is undoubtedly O'Connell Street's nicest store. It stocks everything from clothes to computers... more travel advice
Plenty of these street entertainers in most major cities, but this one really made you jump. Put a donation in the box... more travel advice
nhcram's Related Pages
County Dublin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A family reunion"
- "My favourite City"
- "My home town"
- "Some things you can't discribe..."
- "Dublin - April 2005"
- "County Dublin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in County Dublin
- Hotels in County Dublin
- Transportation in County Dublin
- Nightlife in County Dublin
- Restaurants in County Dublin
- Shopping in County Dublin
- Warnings and Dangers in County Dublin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in County Dublin
- 11 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to County Dublin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in County Dublin
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 36 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aquitaine Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos