"Baden bei Wien" Baden by nhcram
Baden Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 289 photos
We only stayed in this, the principal Spa town of Austria for a few hours and I would like to return again. The town of Baden lies on the eastern edge of the Vienna woods. This sleepy little town is really lovely and clean with nice shops and lovely people. There is a mix of old and new as the original town was destroyed by fire in 1812. The town was completely rebuilt and many of the houses are neo-classical in style.
The town is famous for it's sulphuric springs (I believe there are 15) and it is a popular place with many older visitors as it is a relaxing place and it is widely believed the waters there have healing properties.
The town was a popular place with the rich and famous. It was here that Beethoven composed his ninth symphony. Other famous visitors include Mozart, Schubert and Napoleon also holidayed here with his wife.
- Pros:Quiet, clean and relaxing
- Cons:The car park attendent! - Very rude!.
- In a nutshell:Must visit again for longer
Baden is the principal Spa town in Austria and the thermal baths here are impressive. Large, well organised and... more travel advice
In the Hauptplatz (Main Square) is the Rathause (Town Hall). It is an impressive building and is certainly on the large... more travel advice
nhcram's Related Pages
Baden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Baden bei Wien - Baden near Vienna"
- "THE TOWN OF ROSES"
- "Baden bei Wien - A place to relax"
- "Thermal bath anyone?"
- "BADEN- A nice and small town!."
- "Baden bei Wien"
- "Baden - Thermal Spa, Gardens Walk, Casino....."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baden
- Hotels in Baden
- Transportation in Baden
- Nightlife in Baden
- Restaurants in Baden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baden
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Baden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baden
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malta Intro, 36 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aquitaine Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos