"Historical, magical, beautiful" Hallstatt by nhcram
Hallstatt Travel Guide: 214 reviews and 684 photos
Hallstatt is one of those places that you would never tire of visiting. The magical and historical little town sits at the bottom of the magnificent Dachstein mountain in the Salzkammergut region of Austria.
It has been designated a world heritage site beause of its' important archaeological sites and the mountain backdrop of caves and peaks. Salt is also one of the areas main features and has been extracted from there since the bronze age period. It is know as 'White Gold'
There are also charming little houses with their typical wooden verandas.
Often clothed in a mist or with low cloud Halstatt must be a photographers dream. This picture was actually taken about... more travel advice
This old museum in Halstatt is a like a journey through time showing paintings ceramics and ofcourse examples of the... more travel advice
nhcram's Related Pages
Hallstatt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hallstatt . . . my inspiration"
- "Heavenly Hallstatt......."
- "Hallstatt...it’s paradise!"
- "Beautiful Hallstatt"
- "Hallstatt a great place to spend your time!"
- "Historical, magical, beautiful"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hallstatt
- Hotels in Hallstatt
- Transportation in Hallstatt
- Nightlife in Hallstatt
- Restaurants in Hallstatt
- Shopping in Hallstatt
- Warnings and Dangers in Hallstatt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hallstatt
- 8 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Hallstatt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hallstatt
Photos in HallstattSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 36 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aquitaine Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos