"Belem...near Lisbon" Belém by nhcram

Belém Travel Guide: 262 reviews and 1,020 photos

Belem is called the historical heart and soul of Portugal.
Belem's natural harbour made it the starting point for many voyages of exploration. Full of history Belem is easily reached by tram and train from the hustle and bustle of Lisbon. There is so much to see and do here so allow plenty of time. There is the monastry, the museum, the famous custard tart shop, etc. A great day out from Lisbon.

• Pros:A day out of the city in beautiful suuroundings.
  • In a nutshell:Well worth the visit
  • Last visit to Belém: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 21, 2006

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2008 at 3:37 AM

Hi Natalie, Another fine page and now on my "To Visit" list.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2007 at 9:34 AM

What a lovely dose of Portuguese sunshine! I could just eat a custard tart right now ;)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2007 at 5:44 PM

Delightful! The custard tarts sound and look delicious.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2007 at 5:53 AM

A very nice page on the sights you took in while touring Belém! I didn't see that model of the Tower of Belém when I visited in 2004. Good idea to have lots of time there - I did not and missed some key things!

• clairegeordio's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2007 at 4:06 AM

Lovely little page Natalie! On my must see list for my visit to Lisbon in March!

• alucas's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2007 at 5:27 AM

Looks like you need more than a day to explore this place properly. Nice tips.

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2006 at 7:25 AM

Very nice tips here and I am curious about the scaled down model of the tower for the visually impaired. I will research that & put it on my "Accomodated Tourist" travelogue. Kat

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2006 at 11:10 AM

Mmmmm....custard tarts are my favourite!!! You had nice weather for your visit to Belem - it was teaming with rain when we were there.

• elucas's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2006 at 3:49 PM

Interesting tips on Belem and Fatima. Those custard tarts looked tasty ! Liz.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2006 at 9:12 AM

Nice page, Natalie. We were just there in Sept. The custard tarts are fantastic! Weather here is cold for the season. Had to scrape frost off my windshield yesterday. BRRRRRR!

nhcram

“See the world and its' people from all angles”

Badges & Stats in Belém