"Cantabrian Capital." Top 5 Page for this destination Santander by nhcram
Santander Travel Guide: 355 reviews and 1,083 photos
I managed to persuade my husband to come here as the flights were cheap and I really needed to be in real Spain and practise my Spanish!!
The weather was awful as it rained for two of the three days but we got the feel of the place, took as many pictures as we could, had a few beers, tried the tapas and got on with it
Santander is a lively place with very few tourists although I would imagine in the height of summer the beaches would be full as it is such a lovely area.
If you come here wanting to see lots of architecture and monuments you will be very dissappointed as there are not many. The cathedral is one of the best things to see, as is the scenery surrounding the bay.
Santander is reasonably small. The distance from one end of town to the other is about 6km and can be walked in 2 hours along the coast road. Within the city centre everything is within walking distance. Public buses are available at reasonable prices
The El Sardinero part of the city is a lovely place to spend some time in the warmer months.
The people are friendly and warm and helped me with my Spanish.
We will certainly go back for another visit.
This wonderful area at the rear of the cathederal in the historic centre of the city.
- Pros:Small and compact
- Cons:Probably busy in the summer months.
- In a nutshell:Lovely Spanish Resort
Racing Santander is the local football team in the city. Our hotel overlooked the ground but they were not playing at... more travel advice
We chose this place as it was full of locals and the place was buzzing. There were loads of staff and they were very... more travel advice
nhcram's Related Pages
Santander Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santander Empezó la fiesta - Fiesta has started"
- "The Rain is Spain"
- "Cantabrian Capital."
- "This is my home town"
- "The green Spain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santander
- Hotels in Santander
- Transportation in Santander
- Nightlife in Santander
- Restaurants in Santander
- Shopping in Santander
- Warnings and Dangers in Santander
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santander
- 15 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Santander?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santander
Photos in SantanderSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 36 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aquitaine Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos