"Las Fallas 2008!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia by nhcram
Valencia Travel Guide: 1,295 reviews and 3,425 photos
Valencia is a medium-sized port city (the third largest city in Spain). It is famous for PAELLA and for the Las Fallas festival. It is a festival where elaborate characters and scenes are constructed of cardboard and filled with fireworks. The structures are burned all over the city during the festival and where men and women dress in period costumes, have parades, and re-enact the expulsion of the Moors from Spain in 1492.
It is a vibrant up and coming city. The mix of old and new works well.
The Americas cup is to be hosted here in 2007 and preparations are already underway to cope with the expected surge of visitors.
I came here with my two sisters. A trip that was long overdue. We had not been away together since childhood and it was a fantastic weekend.x
2nd visit and even better this time round as the festival of Las fallas was on and boy did we join in. Late nights, early mornings, fireworks, good food and a fabulous VT meeting meeting with a local man Mahesh and his lovely wife.
3rd visit and the place just gets better for me. Having now obtained my University diploma in Spanish I was able to understand more and learn more about the culture and the people living in this wonderful city. We met new friends and also met up with VT member Mahesh and his wife Neelam again. We explored the city again in a more relaxed fashion having been twice before and we also ventured further afield by triain and explored two new towns Sagunto and Xativa.
We will almost certainly be back here as there is still so much I want to do and see.
A great way to spend an hour so. Rest your feet in one of the many of the bars and restaurants. Have a beer and some of the freshly made tapas.
As well as Paella, Valencia is famous for its oranges. Trees everywhere carry the beautiful fruit.
- Pros:Relaxed Spanish City
- Cons:Hot during the summer months but apart from that no cons at all.
- In a nutshell:More than Paella and Oranges
We don't normally go to places that are reviewed in airline magazines but glad we did this time. There are chairs and... more travel advice
We came here as the guests of VT member Mahesh and his wife Neelam. Mahesh is obviously known here and we were made to... more travel advice
nhcram's Related Pages
Valencia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A GREAT PLACE TO VISIT"
- "Fireworks, oranges & light"
- " Something old , something new , ..."
- "Valencia - a winter escape"
- "Las Fallas 2008!!"
- "Celebrations in Valencia!"
- "Visiting Valencia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valencia
- Hotels in Valencia
- Transportation in Valencia
- Nightlife in Valencia
- Restaurants in Valencia
- Shopping in Valencia
- Warnings and Dangers in Valencia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valencia
- 31 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Valencia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valencia
Photos in ValenciaSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 36 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aquitaine Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos