"We keep coming back and discovering more." Top 5 Page for this destination Amiens by nhcram
Amiens Travel Guide: 121 reviews and 346 photos
Most people come to Amiens to visit the largest cathedral in France - Cathedrale de Notre Dame. A gigantic Gothic structure. Also of interest is that Jules Verne spent much of his adult life here and his house is open to visitors.
The Hortillonnages, which is a protected natural area of marshland still supplies the town with vegetables and fruit and has done since the Middle Ages. It is a peaceful area where you can take boat rides an admire the floating allotments.
Amiens is ideally situated in the Picardy region of northen France. The towns close by are a great mix of old and new and are steeped in history, especially of the two world wars. The many memorials being a reminder to the horrors that occurred. As they say 'Lest we forget'
There are many lovely restaurants serving regional food and of course many great bars. The locals certainly made us feel welcome.
- Pros:Typically french
- Cons:Can't think of any
- In a nutshell:Loads more to explore.
We have been coming to this area for a few years now and have got to know some of the locals. The last time we were... more travel advice
This fantastic restaurant sits on the bank of the river and if the weather is good try and get a table outside... more travel advice
Written Apr 12, 2005
Le Macassar CORBIE
Written Oct 27, 2006
Le Macassar contd.....
nhcram's Related Pages
Amiens Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "We keep coming back and discovering more."
- "Amiens, wealthy from dyening with indigo."
- "In the shadow of the cathedral!"
- "A good base for a history lesson"
- "Le Macassar CORBIE"
- "Amiens, en Picardie"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amiens
- Hotels in Amiens
- Transportation in Amiens
- Nightlife in Amiens
- Restaurants in Amiens
- Shopping in Amiens
- Warnings and Dangers in Amiens
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Amiens
- 15 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Amiens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amiens
Photos in AmiensSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 36 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aquitaine Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (53)
Latest Amiens hotel reviews
- Hotel Victor Hugo
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Ibis Amiens Centre Cathedrale
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Best Western Grand Hotel De Univers
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Hotel Puvis De Chavannes
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Hotel Le Normandie
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 19, 2013
- Le Macassar
- 149 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- All Seasons Amiens Cathedrale
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Hotel Balladins Amiens/Longueau Confort
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 15, 2013
- Hotel Restaurant Le Prieure
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 17, 2013