"Memories relived." Top 5 Page for this destination Dieppe by nhcram
Dieppe Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 174 photos
I used to come here a lot in the early 1980's and I personally think this is one of the prettiest French Channel Ports, It is definitely worthy of a detour if you are travelling down through the Normandy region. There is a fine 13th century church, a good museum and one of North France's food markets. There is an excellent selection of seafront restaurants and a number of good hotels too. There are many small and interesting shops along the Grand Rue which is pedestrianised.
This flint and sandstone castle dominates the town and houses the museum. There is an exhibition of the towns history in here. We never got to go in here but am sure on a future visit we will.
Most tourist places have these trains now that take you to all the hot spots of the place. I prefer to walk but I am... more travel advice
nhcram's Related Pages
Dieppe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Amapola's Dieppe Page"
- "Memories relived."
- "One day I'll be back"
- "Dieppe, an easy town to love."
- "Weekend in Dieppe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dieppe
- Hotels in Dieppe
- Transportation in Dieppe
- Nightlife in Dieppe
- Restaurants in Dieppe
- Shopping in Dieppe
- Warnings and Dangers in Dieppe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dieppe
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Dieppe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dieppe
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 36 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aquitaine Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos