"A town of Art and History." Top 5 Page for this destination Fécamp by nhcram

Fécamp Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 91 photos

A great place to relax and enjoy the food!

My reason for coming to this beautiful part of Normandy was the fact that my son is currently working in a chateau about 20 minutes from here.
Fishing is still a major part of Fecamp and this is so evident in the amount of fresh seafood in the harbour-front restaurants, and of course there is the Benedictine palace in the centre of town which does guided tours to sample the infamous Benedictine liqueur. You can of course make your own way round. The town is a typically French place where the locals meet for coffee on market day. The beach area is shingle and stone. It was certainly very busy when we visited. Drive up out of the town and take in the views of the harbour and beach from the hills above.
There are plenty of hotels that cater for most budgets. There is also a casino, a lovely abbey and the ruins of the Ducal Palace. It is a town of art and history.
Unfortunately the weather was awful while we were there but that did not detract form the beauty of this place.

• Pros:The seafood has to be sampled!!
  • Last visit to Fécamp: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 16, 2006

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2007 at 1:50 PM

I see what we missed. It looks to be a beautiful place - maybe next time we will get there.

• mazzap's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2007 at 1:59 PM

Great page on Fecamp Nats, it looks lovely there. So glad you got to spend time with Peter too. As for that seafood...WoW!! Marion x.

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2006 at 1:25 AM

Good tips Nat, wish I liked seafood!!

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2006 at 5:13 AM

I know where I am going for a meal when I visit Fecamp - that seafood platter looks delicious!

• Aug 28, 2006 at 12:42 PM

Oh that seafood platter looks fabulous Natalie!! And I'm glad to see its not only our beaches that are pebbley! Nice page hun!! :)

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2006 at 2:29 AM

Hi Natalie - this looks a lovely spot - and those mussels sound worth the trip alone!

• Aug 25, 2006 at 12:10 AM

hi nat! nice start on this little spot! it sure looks like the place to relax and enjoy some good food!

nhcram

“See the world and its' people from all angles”

Badges & Stats in Fécamp