"A town of Art and History." Top 5 Page for this destination Fécamp by nhcram
Fécamp Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 91 photos
My reason for coming to this beautiful part of Normandy was the fact that my son is currently working in a chateau about 20 minutes from here.
Fishing is still a major part of Fecamp and this is so evident in the amount of fresh seafood in the harbour-front restaurants, and of course there is the Benedictine palace in the centre of town which does guided tours to sample the infamous Benedictine liqueur. You can of course make your own way round. The town is a typically French place where the locals meet for coffee on market day. The beach area is shingle and stone. It was certainly very busy when we visited. Drive up out of the town and take in the views of the harbour and beach from the hills above.
There are plenty of hotels that cater for most budgets. There is also a casino, a lovely abbey and the ruins of the Ducal Palace. It is a town of art and history.
Unfortunately the weather was awful while we were there but that did not detract form the beauty of this place.
- Pros:The seafood has to be sampled!!
Fecamp market on a Saturday morning is huge and sells more or less anything you would want to buy even cats! The stalls... more travel advice
At the far end of the beach near the casino you can also visit the Musee des Terre Neuvas et de la peche, a modern... more travel advice
nhcram's Related Pages
Fécamp Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Une agréable découverte - pleasant discovery."
- "A town of Art and History."
- "The nice town of Fecamp"
- "Fecamp, Côte d'opale."
- "Fécamp - nice small Normandy town"
- "Visiting Fecamp"
- "Normandy cliffs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fécamp
- Hotels in Fécamp
- Restaurants in Fécamp
- Warnings and Dangers in Fécamp
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fécamp
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Fécamp?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fécamp
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 36 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aquitaine Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos