"European City of Culture 2004" Top 5 Page for this destination Lille by nhcram
Lille Travel Guide: 445 reviews and 1,135 photos
My friend and I arrived in Lille late Friday morning and experienced 24 hours of laughter!! We forgot the European connector for the mini kettle, set the clock wrong and woke up too early, went round in circles every time we wanted to find somewhere and I fell off a step to the amusement of many tourists (AND my so - called friend!!!)
However we had a great time, walked miles, and decided it was time to take a map reading course!!!
As European city of culture there were a lot of arty things around. The photo shows one of them (What is it- I am not sure???)
Lille is a friendly city with 42 percent of the population being under the age of 25. It is a city you can get hopelessly lost in. The old town has many cobbled streets and some wonderful restaurants offering excellent cuisine. It is a genuinly welcoming place and in my opinion deserves the title of European Capital of Culture for 2004
- Pros:Compact and cultural
- In a nutshell:A great way to spend 24 Hours
The Credit Lyonnais tower above the station is known locally as the 'Ski Boot' and this huge glass and chrome building... more travel advice
The Bois De Boulogne surrounds the Citadel and also houses the city zoo. The canal surrounds this wonderful area and it... more travel advice
nhcram's Related Pages
Lille Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Weekend in Lille"
- "Lucia in Lille"
- "Lille, Capital of French Flandres"
- "European City of Culture 2004"
- "Lille, city of Flanders !"
- "Summer in Lille"
- "A cultural bath in Lille-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lille
- Hotels in Lille
- Transportation in Lille
- Nightlife in Lille
- Restaurants in Lille
- Shopping in Lille
- Warnings and Dangers in Lille
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lille
- 14 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Lille?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lille
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 36 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aquitaine Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos