"4 Visits and 1 conclusion... Stunning!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Austria by nhcram

Austria Travel Guide: 19,454 reviews and 53,221 photos

So beautiful..... so peaceful....

We had looked forward to spending Christmas away from home all year and it was the best decision my husband and I made. We stayed with friends who live about an hour from Salzburg and we enjoyed fun, laughter and I even managed to overcome a fear of heights and went up in a chair lift. It was just amazing. Coming down was a little scarier as I could really sense the height but hey I DID IT
The only problem now is I want to go away EVERY Christmas.
Decided to try Austria in the summer. Everywhere was lush and green. The snow could just be seen high on the mountain tops and the temperature was in the high 20's! This was a perfect holiday. We hired a car at Salzburg airport and stopped off at different places before reaching Vienna on Day 5. We visited the towns of Graz, Lienz and did the Grossglockner pass with it's hairpin bends, glacier, lakes and amazing scenery. We saw some amazing mountains, ate some lovely food and drank too much beer. All in all an absolutely wonderful holiday.
Since then we have visited twice more and each time we find new and interesting places to visit.

• Pros:Wonderful people, stunning scenery, good food...The list is endless.
  • Cons:I had to come home!!!
  • In a nutshell:Summer, Spring, Autumn or Winter - All lovely.
  • Last visit to Austria: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 28, 2008

• alza's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Hi Natalie, I enjoyed your lively and warm Austria page. It *is* stunning in many ways. And Vienna... oh me! I had NO idea I would love it so! turned out to be a true favourite city. :) Tkx for your tips, I see that a return trip is warranted.

• kat-m's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2011 at 5:03 AM

Hello hope you have a nice time in India, its a very special place. Love your Austria page, looks very beautiful, I have to persuade my hubby to go anywhere without a beach!

• amsor's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2010 at 4:46 PM

great page !

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2009 at 2:07 AM

Hi to you Nat in Canada!hope youre having a fab time and getting excellent photos of beautiful scenery like here in your Austria page!Im getting all inspired for a visit here in December!safe and happy travels to you and Chris...

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2008 at 4:43 PM

OK...so I'm ready for a little Schnapps and oom-pah-pah! Looks like you had a really wonderful time. Lovely scenery.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2008 at 10:45 AM

You are right, Natalie, beer and schnaps don 't go together... Thanx! One conclusion: beautiful!!

• DAO's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2008 at 3:29 PM

So cool! Evryone in VT gear so we can meet up for coffee before we fly!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Natalie, fantastic page with brilliant photos. It looks like you not only liked burning the Schnaps but also drinking it. Looking forward to meeting you in February.

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2007 at 3:45 AM

Great page on Austria, bring back good memories! This is a very beautiful, relaxing country with friendly people :)

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2006 at 11:46 AM

A mini-meet sounds a great idea. By the way, we too love Austria and have many friends there :-)

nhcram

“See the world and its' people from all angles”

Badges & Stats in Austria

Have you been to Austria?

Latest Activity in Austria