"Baden-Baden - not just for the rich" Top 5 Page for this destination Baden-Baden by nhcram
Baden-Baden Travel Guide: 195 reviews and 588 photos
On the slopes between the Rhine plains and the Black Forest sits a beautiful Spa town which is steeped in history and offers its visitors amazing hospitality.
Baden-Baden has a long tradition of treating its guests like royalty. The art of being pampered here dates back to Roman times. Even Europe's first luxury hotel was etablished on the banks of the river Oos. Nowadays thankfully there are hotels to suit all budgets.
Baden-Baden is also famous for its magnificent casino.
Form morning until night there is always something on offer here. Good theatre, spas, historic relics like the Roman Baths and also the beautiful gardens in the centre of the town. Good restaurants are plentiful here too.
The well kept pedestrian area of the town is a great place to wander around and take a drink in one of the cafes.
- Pros:Something for everyone - not just the rich and famous
- Cons:A bit overpriced because of where it is.
From Baden Baden train station (which is actually a very long way from the centre of the city) you can take a bus direct... more travel advice
The Friedrichsbad is one of the oldest and biggest spas in Baden-Baden. Being prudish I never went into this spa as it... more travel advice
nhcram's Related Pages
Baden-Baden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Baden-Baden - not just for the rich"
- "THE SPA TOWN OF ROSES"
- "Baden-Baden, A German Paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baden-Baden
- Hotels in Baden-Baden
- Transportation in Baden-Baden
- Nightlife in Baden-Baden
- Restaurants in Baden-Baden
- Shopping in Baden-Baden
- Warnings and Dangers in Baden-Baden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baden-Baden
- 13 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Baden-Baden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baden-Baden
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 36 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aquitaine Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos