"England's Most Northerly County" Northumberland by nhcram
Northumberland Travel Guide: 396 reviews and 1,277 photos
The region of Northumbria is located in the North East of England, bordering Scotland.
The region is rich in natural beauty and the past is never far away. There are more castles, fortified houses and Roman remains than any other English county. The scenery is stunning. From the Millenium Bridge to Hadrains wall there is so much to see and do.
I love the rugged coastline and mhe small fishing villages butMost of all I think it is the people of the area that I love the most. They are warm and friendly.
I had always wanted to see Jools Holland in concert on my 50th birthday and Chris arranged for us to see him at Alnwick castle in Northumberland on my actual birthday. It was an outdoor event which started about 7pm. Luckily for us it was warm and we were able to enjoy a picnic of smoked salmon and champagne. Jools was brilliant and was supported by Ruby Turner, Marc Almond and others. It was a birthday I will remember fondly. I am a very lucky girl.
- Pros:So much to see and do
- Cons:Can be cold.
- In a nutshell:History and beauty all in one place.
Reached only by a causeway at low tide you will need to check the Tide Timetables before your visit. The priory was... more travel advice
The tide comes in very quickly and you have to be careful or you could end up with a nice hotel bill if you are standed... more travel advice
nhcram's Related Pages
Northumberland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Glorious Northumberland"
- "Northumberland - Northen Edge Of England"
- "England’s Border country"
- "North Northumberland"
- "Walking Hadrian's Wall"
- "England's Most Northerly County"
- "Ben-UK's Northumberland page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Northumberland
- Hotels in Northumberland
- Transportation in Northumberland
- Nightlife in Northumberland
- Restaurants in Northumberland
- Shopping in Northumberland
- Warnings and Dangers in Northumberland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Northumberland
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Northumberland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Northumberland
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: What if VT went down the..."
- updated a Northumberland Travel Page "England's Most Northerly County"
- Uploaded a Photo to "England's Most Northerly County"
- Commented on one of stevezero's Northumberland travel pages
- Wrote a Review Lindisfarne Priory. in Northumberland Things to Do
Photos in NorthumberlandSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 36 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aquitaine Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos