"England's Most Northerly County" Northumberland by nhcram

Northumberland Travel Guide: 378 reviews and 1,205 photos

The region of Northumbria is located in the North East of England, bordering Scotland.
The region is rich in natural beauty and the past is never far away. There are more castles, fortified houses and Roman remains than any other English county. The scenery is stunning. From the Millenium Bridge to Hadrains wall there is so much to see and do.
I love the rugged coastline and mhe small fishing villages butMost of all I think it is the people of the area that I love the most. They are warm and friendly.

Birthday 2008

I had always wanted to see Jools Holland in concert on my 50th birthday and Chris arranged for us to see him at Alnwick castle in Northumberland on my actual birthday. It was an outdoor event which started about 7pm. Luckily for us it was warm and we were able to enjoy a picnic of smoked salmon and champagne. Jools was brilliant and was supported by Ruby Turner, Marc Almond and others. It was a birthday I will remember fondly. I am a very lucky girl.

• Pros:So much to see and do
  • Cons:Can be cold.
  • In a nutshell:History and beauty all in one place.
  • Last visit to Northumberland: Jul 2008
  • Intro Updated Aug 6, 2008

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2007 at 1:09 PM

Natalie, lovely little page. I would love to explore parts of the Pennine Way one day, but not by car!

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2006 at 7:58 AM

Good tips, Natalie. I want to see the garden as well. Hope your Christmas is wonderful and that 2007 finds you healthy, happy and traveling!

• stevezero's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2005 at 2:03 PM

Hi Natalie, only had a few hours in Berwick and it was getting dark! Must stop in Northumberland again soon, but usually in a rush to get up to Scotland.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2005 at 2:58 AM

Looks like there are some lovely places up there Natalie! I must make the effort to get "up north" sometime. There is a long tidal road near us, quite a buzz trying to get across before the tide covers it, if we miss time it. lol! Great page, thanks (~_~)

• LizD's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2004 at 12:41 PM

What worries me if is your in the middle when the tide comes in!!!

• o00o's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2004 at 4:07 PM

A very beautiful place indeed for holiday.

• Jul 21, 2004 at 11:48 AM

A stupendous part of the country, I'll definitely have to find Lindisfarne next time!

nhcram

“See the world and its' people from all angles”

Badges & Stats in Northumberland

Have you been to Northumberland?

Latest Activity in Northumberland