"Turkey - Demre - Kale" Kale by Intrepidduck
Kale Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 125 photos
Demre, officaially known as Kale, is an important place on the SW coast of Turkey. It is the site of the ancient Lycian city of Myra and was also the home of the Middles Ages bishop St Nicholas who is better known as Santa Claus. Other than this there is little to do here beyond seeing the sites related to Myra and the Church of St Nicholas.
- Pros:Easy to get to
- Cons:Nothing Much in Town
- In a nutshell:Significant place historically
Intrepidduck's Related Pages
Kale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Demre, Myra, Kale, Kekova and the Sunken city"
- "Myra, Kale - Simena - Sunken city of Kekova"
- "The city of Santa Claus"
- "A day at sea visiting kekova island"
- "Turkey - Demre - Kale"
- "Kale / Simena, Kekova (Sunken City), Üçagiz"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kale
- Transportation in Kale
- Restaurants in Kale
- Shopping in Kale
- Warnings and Dangers in Kale
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kale
- 5 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Kale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kale
Top 10 Pages
- Melbourne Intro, 42 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 34 reviews, 33 photos
- T'bilisi Intro, 26 reviews, 26 photos
- Moscow Intro, 22 reviews, 21 photos
- Seoul Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos
- Qingdao Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Fitzroy Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Listvyanka Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Australia Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Kilda Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos