"Hasselt" Top 5 Page for this destination Hasselt by yashiko
Hasselt Travel Guide: 182 reviews and 398 photos
This is the place where I used to live. It's not much , but it's a nice place to visit.
Hasselt is known for a couple off things, in the first place there is "Jenever" which is an alcoholic drink made here. So there is something to do about this drink in Hasselt: There's a museum in the old jenever breweries and in september we have a jenever festival.
Hasselt has a special reletionship with Itami (japanese city). And so it is that Hasselt has the largest Japanese garden in Europe. It's especially beautifull in spring.During the year there are different activities over there.
The town used to be famous for its weavers and clothmakers, which is now shown in the fashionmuseum. You can enjoy a collection of beautiful clothing, old and new.
But most of all it hosts a lot of good restaurants nowadays. You know Belgians are real Bourgondians, we love good food. And this especially true in Hasselt .
Enjoy your stay in Hasselt. If you have more questions about it, just shout for me! (... or leave a message)
- Cons:small ( if that's a con.)
This brand new shop is wonderfull. A small store full off olive oils, vinagers, pastas, pesto's, stuffed peppers,...... more travel advice
This place is verry good for tasting Belgian beers . They have about 450 different beers. And if that is not enough you... more travel advice
yashiko's Related Pages
Hasselt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hasselt during winter time"
- "Hasselt - Bokrijk"
- "Something about Hasselt and his Japanese garden"
- "Hasselt -- charming town"
- "A quiet city in Belgium"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hasselt
- Hotels in Hasselt
- Transportation in Hasselt
- Nightlife in Hasselt
- Restaurants in Hasselt
- Shopping in Hasselt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hasselt
- 15 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Hasselt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hasselt
Top 10 Pages
- Antwerp Intro, 84 reviews, 167 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 18 reviews, 67 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 19 reviews, 49 photos
- Munich Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 25 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hasselt Intro, 15 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tongeren Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels 6 reviews, 14 photos