"Grenada was fun, But Sanibel Island is next!" TuanRonski's Profile

Background

Lived in Tulsa, Washington, D.C., Singapore, and Kuala Lumpur. Travelled around the world about 8 times, usually stopping at great beaches- Fiji, Maldives, Bali, Kauai, Surfer's Paradise, etc. Love SE Asia, Mexico and the Caribbean, and especially Australia (6 times).
Now retired, visit Las Vegas a couple of times a year, and try to get to at least one beach during the year.
Prefer out of the mainstream island locations away from the tourist glitter(I get enough of that in Las Vegas).
We recently took 2-two week trips in Mexico-One, starting in Matzatlan along the West Coast to Acapulco, and the other starting in Veracruz along the East Coast to Chetumal. Shopped in Progreso, Mexico in May, 2004, ten nights in Grenada/Carriacou in January, 2005, and heading for Sanibel Island in May, 2005.

My Interests

I consider myself to be a fairly unique traveler- my interests are primarily beaches, beachcombing (esp for seashells), and local cultures. These interests are reflected in my pictures- not too much in the way of typical tourist attractions, but mostly seashores and local people.
We often seem to be offered insights into local life that others never see while they sit around hotel pools and take guided tours.

Recent Travel

February, 2004- Las Vegas
May-2004- South Padre Island and vicinity- good food, good time, but not much sun.
January, 2005- Grenada/Carriacou for 10 nights- somewhat disappointing. Surf was rough, Grenada locals not associated with the tourist industry were gloomy and pushy- possibly because of Hurracane Ivan problems. Attitudes were better on Carriacou.

May, 2005- Getting ready for a few nights on Sanibel Island.

Grenada-January, 2005

Disappointing vacation in Grenada & Carriacou. Check out my Grenada travel pages for details.

• Intro Updated Apr 10, 2005

• Luisanna's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2005 at 10:55 AM

Wishing you a great birthday, may the new 2005 bring you good fortune, good health and many happy travels. Greetz from California ;-) Luisa

• Jan 10, 2005 at 5:38 AM

Many many happy returns of the day. Wishing you a happy birthday and great time. May the new year bring you happiness and lot of exciting travels. Greetings from India.

• mirjana51's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2005 at 3:16 AM

Happy Birthday , dear Ron ! Enjoy the moment ! Enjoy the life ! BTW I am in love with Asia :))

• Daja123's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2005 at 1:35 AM

"Happy Birthday, Ron! Enjoy your special day :-)" Regards..

• Rachael71's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2004 at 9:25 AM

Art Fabrik is great, you will pick up some unique souvenirs there. I've just added some more pages, but if you want to know any more about Grenada just drop me a line :-)

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2004 at 8:18 AM

Ta!!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
TuanRonski's Profile Photo

TuanRonski

“We are but footprints in the sand-I want to make a lot of footprints”

Real Name