"Grenada was fun, But Sanibel Island is next!" TuanRonski's Profile
Lived in Tulsa, Washington, D.C., Singapore, and Kuala Lumpur. Travelled around the world about 8 times, usually stopping at great beaches- Fiji, Maldives, Bali, Kauai, Surfer's Paradise, etc. Love SE Asia, Mexico and the Caribbean, and especially Australia (6 times).
Now retired, visit Las Vegas a couple of times a year, and try to get to at least one beach during the year.
Prefer out of the mainstream island locations away from the tourist glitter(I get enough of that in Las Vegas).
We recently took 2-two week trips in Mexico-One, starting in Matzatlan along the West Coast to Acapulco, and the other starting in Veracruz along the East Coast to Chetumal. Shopped in Progreso, Mexico in May, 2004, ten nights in Grenada/Carriacou in January, 2005, and heading for Sanibel Island in May, 2005.
I consider myself to be a fairly unique traveler- my interests are primarily beaches, beachcombing (esp for seashells), and local cultures. These interests are reflected in my pictures- not too much in the way of typical tourist attractions, but mostly seashores and local people.
We often seem to be offered insights into local life that others never see while they sit around hotel pools and take guided tours.
February, 2004- Las Vegas
May-2004- South Padre Island and vicinity- good food, good time, but not much sun.
January, 2005- Grenada/Carriacou for 10 nights- somewhat disappointing. Surf was rough, Grenada locals not associated with the tourist industry were gloomy and pushy- possibly because of Hurracane Ivan problems. Attitudes were better on Carriacou.
May, 2005- Getting ready for a few nights on Sanibel Island.
Disappointing vacation in Grenada & Carriacou. Check out my Grenada travel pages for details.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 17 Reviews
- 237 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- TuanRonski and Imbi are now friends.
- updated a Grenada Travel Page "Grenada- Down, But Not Out(Under Construction)"
updated their Profile Page "Grenada was fun, But Sanibel Island is next!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Gem is a Gem"
- Wrote a Review The Gem is a Gem in Grenada Hotels
- Posted in Travel Grenada Forum "Re: Re: Grenada/Carriacou-What to..."
- Commented on one of Bwana_Brown's Papua New Guinea travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dominican Republic Intro, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Abaco Island Intro, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Batam Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fiji Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Grenada Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Ixtapa Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Grenada Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Rawa Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oklahoma Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue