"Samalayuca Sand Dunes" Samalayuca by EDavis

Samalayuca Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 1 photos

Samalayuca Sand Dunes

About an hour south of Juarez, Mexico are the Samalayuca Sand Dunes. I can't begin to tell you how large and expansive the area is.

A large group of us drove there during the night and began our hike. The full moon cast long shadows as the line of us walked along the crests of the dunes. We walked for hours, climbing higher and higher.

After losing just one of us (sorry Juan) we finally got to our destination. We sat down at the top, exhausted. But the exhaustion didn't last for long. One of us got it into their system to role down the dunes. Then another went. Then another.

I couldn't resist and joined in on the fun. This little boy, the only small one on our climb, was soon rolling down the dune as well. I can't tell you if the rolling was more fun or trying to climb back up, dizzy and dodging bodies rolling out of control.

In this picture I had just tackeld him after one of our rolls. Neither of us spoke the same language but that's where smiles come in handy.

• Last visit to Samalayuca: Nov 2001
  • Intro Written Dec 18, 2003

Comments

EDavis

“Do not go where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson”

Badges & Stats in Samalayuca

Have you been to Samalayuca?

Latest Activity in Samalayuca