"Salt Mines" Salzburg by EDavis
Salzburg Travel Guide: 2,584 reviews and 5,964 photos
This is my mother and me preparing to go down into the salt mines for a tour. In order to take the tour we had to dress in miner's costumes. It was really a lot of fun to slide down the wooden rails they used to get below ground. (Dad and I slid down, while Mom walked the steps.)
The tour was mostly in German but there was plenty to learn without speaking much of the language. This is outside of the city of Salzburg and near "the Eagle's Nest"- where Hitler spend most of his time during WWII.
EDavis' Related Pages
Salzburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mozarts Music and Mozart's Kugeln & Nockerl"
- "The Hidden Wonders of Salzburg - A MUST SEE!"
- "One order of Salzburg, please . . ."
- "Fairyland for Real......"
- "SALZBURG - A CITY I LOVED!"
- "Salzburg and the central Austria lake region."
- "Mozart Music and More"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salzburg
- Hotels in Salzburg
- Transportation in Salzburg
- Nightlife in Salzburg
- Restaurants in Salzburg
- Shopping in Salzburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Salzburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salzburg
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Salzburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salzburg
Top 10 Pages
- Morocco Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Philadelphia Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Venice 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 4 photos, 3 travelogues
- Penzance Intro, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 2 photos
- Austria Intro, 2 photos
- Bavaria Intro, 2 photos