"Paradise? Pura Vida? Oh Yeah" Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica by Suzie3

Costa Rica Travel Guide: 5,660 reviews and 12,421 photos

My first monkeys

Oh how I had been wanting to see a real live monkey in the wild! Boy do they have them. I have probably seen hundreds of them down there since my first time but still get excited. It is a land of constant surprises and constant change. You can hear the macaws coming for 1/2 mile. Have had hundreds of dolphins swimming beside the boat while fishing. Strange creatures around every corner from the tiniest ant to those elusive cats and anteaters.
You can be in the cloud forest and and hour later be in the rain forest. Another hour and you are at the beach. Backtrack a couple of hours and you are in a bustling noisy city.

National Bird

This is the clay colored robin, Costa Ricas national bird. Not the prettiest but highly valued years ago by the farmers who knew when to plant by the song of the Robin.

Largest of the tiniest

The Violet Sabrewing is the largest hummingbird in Costa Rica.

• Pros:The wonderful smiling people. Most of them anyway.
  • Cons:Lots of americans living there but I'm not....yet. :(
  • In a nutshell:After 12 years of traveling down there I am still finding wonderful surprises around every corner.
  • Last visit to Costa Rica: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Nov 1, 2007

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Hi, Sue! Thanks for sharing your stories with us here!

• May 3, 2007 at 2:39 AM

Thanks Suzie great tips and photos. I'm going to CR next week and am really looking forward to it. happy travelling :-) Julie

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2006 at 8:38 AM

Great detailed tips with wondeful pictures....and yes I want to go back to Costa Rica too! :)

• vtveen's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2006 at 1:15 AM

Very useful tips, thanks for sharing !!

• Firestar24's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2006 at 4:57 AM

Right... I think I have all that!!! Thanks for answering my transport dilemma! I've read through the rest of your tips and I'm thinking I might even venture on the bus for that Tamarindo jaunt - we'll see! ;o) Thanks again xx

• SURFIN7TH's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2006 at 1:10 PM

Great shot of a Hummingbird !

• Bokhari76's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2006 at 11:54 PM

Hi Sue. Nice Costa Rica page. Happy Birthday. Have great day. happy travels

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2006 at 6:44 AM

Excellent page. Yes, I can tell you love CR. There is a lot to love there. Super tips on accommodations. I have stayed in some and some I haven't.

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2005 at 1:50 AM

Thanks for answering my question in the forum, it lead me to your pages which are great, Costa Rica does look lovely. :-)

• gubbi1's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2005 at 11:13 AM

Hi, you have really nice colorful pages here! I now know where to go for great nature and wildlife. Especially the hummingbirds and monkeys are my favorite! :) Take care, Christian.

Suzie3 Used To Live Here!

Suzie3

“I may be wandering but I am not lost.”

Badges & Stats in Costa Rica

Have you been to Costa Rica?

Latest Activity in Costa Rica