"Paradise? Pura Vida? Oh Yeah" Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica by Suzie3
Costa Rica Travel Guide: 5,660 reviews and 12,421 photos
Oh how I had been wanting to see a real live monkey in the wild! Boy do they have them. I have probably seen hundreds of them down there since my first time but still get excited. It is a land of constant surprises and constant change. You can hear the macaws coming for 1/2 mile. Have had hundreds of dolphins swimming beside the boat while fishing. Strange creatures around every corner from the tiniest ant to those elusive cats and anteaters.
You can be in the cloud forest and and hour later be in the rain forest. Another hour and you are at the beach. Backtrack a couple of hours and you are in a bustling noisy city.
This is the clay colored robin, Costa Ricas national bird. Not the prettiest but highly valued years ago by the farmers who knew when to plant by the song of the Robin.
The Violet Sabrewing is the largest hummingbird in Costa Rica.
- Pros:The wonderful smiling people. Most of them anyway.
- Cons:Lots of americans living there but I'm not....yet. :(
- In a nutshell:After 12 years of traveling down there I am still finding wonderful surprises around every corner.
A beautiful place to hike near Arenal Volcano. We were fortunate to have a beautiful day with wonderful views of the... more travel advice
A very small place hidden away on the Osa Peninsula. I love the little cabin. Incredible birding. Food always... more travel advice
- See All Planes, trains, and automobiles a few...
- See All Now this is a view!!!
- See All General Travel Tips II Weather..
Suzie3's Related Pages
Costa Rica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pura Vida!"
- "Costa Rica"
- "Costa Rica, a land of simple life and beauty"
- "Paradise? Pura Vida? Oh Yeah"
- "From a birders point of view"
- "My Itinerary"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Costa Rica
- Hotels in Costa Rica
- Transportation in Costa Rica
- Nightlife in Costa Rica
- Restaurants in Costa Rica
- Shopping in Costa Rica
- Warnings and Dangers in Costa Rica
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Costa Rica
- 47 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 744 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Costa Rica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Costa Rica
- Posted in Travel Costa Rica Forum "Re: Is cliff jumping at the ..."
- Wrote a Review Good places for birds in Costa Rica in Costa Rica Things to Do
- updated a Costa Rica Travel Page "Paradise? Pura Vida? Oh Yeah"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bosque del Cabo"
- Commented on one of scheuer1's Costa Rica travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 42 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boquete Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Nicaragua Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Lago de Atitlán Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Dayton Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- California 3 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Puerto Jiménez 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Sequoia National Park 1 review, 5 photos