"My favourite city, full of culture!" Kairouan by schlumpf

Kairouan Travel Guide: 132 reviews and 457 photos

Kairouan, an amazing small city 50 Km far from Sousse, is definitely my favourite city in the whole Tunisie.

This is because here I met such a beautifull people, that gave me the possibility to spend some hours with them, sharing an amazing lunch at their own home cooked by the old wife, (altough the cuscus it was bloody spicy!!), sharing culture and simply sharing feelings and situations.

It was an amazing experience!

Kairouan is also a nice city and here you can definitely enjoy a lot, from the Medina, where you can have a look on the market, to the great Mosque, where the tipical culture jump on...

• Last visit to Kairouan: Jan 2005
  • Intro Written Jan 7, 2005

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2007 at 2:32 AM

Good tips on Kairouan. It must have been nice to meet a Tunisian family. I thought the blind camel show was awful as well. I can't believe it's included on the global ticket for Kairouan.

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2006 at 5:37 AM

ciao mio amico :) never been talk to you lately. how are you?!

• darthmilmo's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2005 at 9:20 AM

Sounds like my cup of tea... i'll have to keep this place in mind... cheers, Fernando

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2005 at 8:13 AM

Nice to hear you had better time in Kairouan than I. Haha, bargaining is more a fan than a tourist trap for me, although it's time consuming...

• rdorekens's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2005 at 11:22 AM

Hi! I know how you felt , I was also invited in Sousse by a local woman and I never felt so happy and welcomed in my whole life...I can't wait to meet her again! Pictures like these make you wonder why there are wars in the world...

schlumpf

“Sky is the limit...”

Badges & Stats in Kairouan

Have you been to Kairouan?

Latest Activity in Kairouan