"WHERE OUR HISTORY BEGINS" Cairo by schlumpf
Cairo Travel Guide: 3,987 reviews and 9,544 photos
When somebody does think about El Cairo, the firsts pictures are : the amazing pyramids and the absolutely full of mistery Sphinx.
Well, nothing is more correct then that, but, let me tell you that once you will be standing in fornt of those amazing beauties every expaction will be such a small one, as the sites are simply amazing.
El Cairo is not simply the pyramids or the Sphinx, this city, one of the biggest of the planet with his 18 mio peoples, indeed there are a lot of sites to visit and a lot of possibility for backpackers...
First of all, a thing you gotta visit is the “Cairo tower” . From the top terrace you will have , in case of perfect light day, an amazing view of the whole city, even of Giza pyramid...what could you deside more?!
Then, you can not miss to stroll in the oldest market running away from the touristic shops and lose yourself ointo the such a small and complicated arab quarter, which was great, where you could smoke a waterpipe mixed with an amazing mint tea, or visit the “a little bit too touristic but great” Mohamed Ali mosquee.
And guess you have not to forget to visit the amazing Egyptian museum in Cairo center....there are so many things to see that I invite you to check out my tips, as I might forget somehting here...jejeejejee..
El Cairo is absolutely a great city, where the warm of the people will suggest you more then the sites you will be about to visit, believe me!
Altough there are a lot of things to visit, I guess that the Number ONE are the pyramids.How can you miss such a view and such a memory??? Com’on!!!!
I love this picture, what do you think??
After a long day walking uops and downs, taking taxis, metro, bus and get stressed from streets vendors in the middle of the desert, what you need is simply a mint tea ...
I was shocked once I sit in the oldest bar of cairo, in the center of the market, and then, some guys approced me offering me the water pipe with mint tea ...what a bloody great welcome!!!!
Thank you guys!
- Pros:Amazing places, sites, and moreover people
- Cons:Very touristic, a.k.a. a lot of traps
- In a nutshell:get lost in the culture
A ncie place where to shop is the “normal market”, the spieces one, where there will be less tourists and more or less... more travel advice
The easiest way to reach every part of the city is by renting a taxi for a day, or simply jump in a taxi when you do... more travel advice
schlumpf's Related Pages
Cairo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cairo`s yellow pages!"
- "Cairo- Umm el Dunya"
- "CAIRO... still thinking of..."
- "3 decades living in Cairo and yet exploring more"
- "~ Cairo ~"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cairo
- Hotels in Cairo
- Transportation in Cairo
- Nightlife in Cairo
- Restaurants in Cairo
- Shopping in Cairo
- Warnings and Dangers in Cairo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cairo
- 31 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Cairo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cairo
Photos in CairoSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jaipur Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 28 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Varanasi Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agra Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patan Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pushkar Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cusco Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue