"Colca, simply a great place to visit" Top 5 Page for this destination Colca by schlumpf
Colca Travel Guide: 105 reviews and 311 photos
Colca is an amazing place, and once you are in Peru, you can definitely not miss it.
It is pretty confortable to get to Colca from Arequipa, and there are some excursions that will take you in the Canyon for just one day, but please, at least allow you a couple of days for this excursion.
In Arequipa there are hundreds of travel agency that are selling almoust the same excursions (with different prices and quality), so you won?t have any difficulties to organize it also with just an afdternoon in advance.
The two days excursion, will take you with a jeep in the Canyon, starting from Arequipa up to 5.200 mt a.s.l., where the air is definitely colder, where is definitly windy, and where you will definitely suffer the altitude.
Before to start for the excursion, the jeep will stop for a while in a shop, where is pretty reccomended to buy a lot of qater (as there is no point to buy then for few hours) and some hoja de coca that will help you with the altitude.
For any further detail, check my album and my other tips...
This is one of my favourite Picture I took in the Canyon. It gives me a feeling of freedom and quietness, isn?t it?!
Along the way you will meet some boys and girls, mans and woman that are just hanging around.
Perhaps (or for sure) there are also some people dressing tipical dresses just for the tourism business....that?s so sad...
- Pros:Beautifull, beautifull and beautifull again!
- Cons:take care abt the altitude
During your excursion in the Canyon del Colca, you will have a stop (where usually you overnight) in a small tipical... more travel advice
You will be in a very wellmade tourist trap once your tour will stop at about 4.500mt in a bar/shop, where there will be... more travel advice
schlumpf's Related Pages
Colca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nibbling a hole in the Colca Canyon"
- "Colca Canyon"
- "Tierra del -CONDOR - Land"
- "Colca, simply a great place to visit"
- "El Caņon Colca"
- "Colca Canyon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Colca
- Hotels in Colca
- Transportation in Colca
- Nightlife in Colca
- Restaurants in Colca
- Shopping in Colca
- Warnings and Dangers in Colca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Colca
- 7 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Colca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Colca
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jaipur Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 28 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Varanasi Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agra Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patan Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pushkar Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cusco Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue