Machu Picchu Things to Do Tips by schlumpf
Machu Picchu Things to Do: 269 reviews and 401 photos
A great particular of Machu pichu are the terraces that you will find on his sides. The dimesnions of the terracces are very impressing... You can take a great view of them on the beginning of the Huayna Picchu trek, or on the MP side.
The most attractuive particular in whole Machu Picchu, was for me the Sacred Plaza, such a huge and very squadrat place, surrounded of protective walls and terraces.
A nice place to hang around...Could it be it was the meeitng party point?!
On the way, discovering the whole Macchu Picchu, will happend, morevoer if you are hking to reach the top of Huayna Picchu, to meet the most famous andean animal: the Lama.
A great meet up at 3.000 meters!
Also knows as "the lost city of the Incas", Macchu Picchu is the world' famous reckon site of Peru, and for sure one of the main beauty of whole South America, perhaps of the whole globe.
I would not say anything about the history, as I think you should check it by your self if interested, but believe me, get to such place with one information more is always better!
The only one thing I could say about such a beautifull place is:
GO andVISIT IT! No way to miss it.
Try to get to Macchu Picchu as early as possible, as there will be so many people at already around 09AM that will not make you enjoy this place at100%.
So try to take the first bus from Auguas Calientes (06AM) that will get to MP after 30/40mins. At this time the place is still quiet empty and you can feel amazing sensations!....(the pic has been taken at 06.30AM)
The site empty takes really your breath away!
Then, when the visitors will get to Machu Picchu, you can leave the main site and take a quiet easy (but not too much) hiking and hike the Huayna Picchu.
The trail is pretty easy, in some points is quiet deep but there are not so big troubles...and the views of MP from the top of Huayna Picchu are simply great!
(take a look on my other pics).
Before to take the way to Huayna Picchu, you must fill your details in a register at the entrance. The way will take something like 1 hr 20 mins or so (depends on your phisical situation)
Well, what to say more, just DO NOT ABSOLUTELY MISS this place! You weill
just regret this decision!
Machu Picchu is a pretty big site, and for sure very famous.
If you want to enjoy at 100% the place, you gotta come here very early (first bus leaves Aguas caliente at 06AM), so there won't be here too many people....
You can spend here a full day...just chill around....
There is no word more to say..just..hang around and discover!
Once you are in Macchu Picchu, you gotta take a couple of hours and hike the Huayna Picchu.
At the entrance you have to leave your details, then you can hike and get to the top.
The trek is not so hard, but there are some points where you have to take care, morevoer if the ground is not in perfect conditions....
The "stairs" are very small (a.k.a. Incas!!) so take care...
Once you are on the top,. after let's say 1,20Hrs, you will enjoy such a beautifull view on the Machu Picchu...
It is just unbelievable!!!
More Reviews (1)
schlumpf's Related Pages
Machu Picchu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Inca Trail"
- "Machu Picchu"
- "Magical Machu Picchu in Rainy Season"
- "Lost City of the Incas"
- "This is what we call sharing on the Inca Trail"
- "EL CAMINO DEL INCA - DAY 1"
- "Machu Picchu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Machu Picchu
- Hotels in Machu Picchu
- Transportation in Machu Picchu
- Nightlife in Machu Picchu
- Restaurants in Machu Picchu
- Shopping in Machu Picchu
- Warnings and Dangers in Machu Picchu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Machu Picchu
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Machu Picchu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Machu Picchu
Photos in Machu PicchuSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jaipur Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 28 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Varanasi Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agra Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patan Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pushkar Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cusco Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (64)
- Huayna Picchu- 33 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Inca Trail- 47 Reviews, 92 Photos
- Llamas / Other Animals- 11 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Ruins- 31 Reviews, 46 Photos
- Temples- 14 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Scenery- 14 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Aguas Calientes- 13 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Sacred Rock- 4 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Sacred Plaza- 6 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Main Gate- 7 Reviews, 12 Photos
See All Machu Picchu Things to Do