"The nicest place in Kathmandu Valley" Top 5 Page for this destination Patan by schlumpf
Patan Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 260 photos
Beetween Kathmandu and Patan there is only the holy River “Bagmati”, a.k.a. the “Mother Gange” in India.
Patan is maybe the most beautifull, interesting, amazing city in the whole area of Kathmandu Valley, so, once you are in Kathmandu, you cannot definitely miss at least an “half -a -day visit” to this absolutely great place, no matter what, get here!
As the capital Kathmandu, as well as the third city Bakthapur, Patan’s center is the amazing Durbar Square.
From my point of view, Patan’s durbar square is a billion time better then the Kathmandu’s one.
Indeed here there are, firstly, more temples and the relaxant athmosphere that you can smell, make you enjoy this unreal location more then in Kathmandu where the pollusion, people, fake holy person, sellers, will stress you robbering the peacefull athmosphere and feelings, leaving you the feeling of chaos and stress.
For sure also here you will meet fake guides or peope tying to sell you something, but not so many, or at least, not so insistently like in other place i.e. Bhaktapur and Khatmandu.
Maybe I was lucky, or maybe the tourism didn’t understand at real what Patan can offers, as when I was here there were mazimum other ten people all around this huge area.
In the whole Durbar square there are hundreds of temples, monasteries, holy buldings and amazing place to visit, togehter with a strange mix of little shops and restaurant (always!!!).
But, check out what a kind of view will you have taking a drink from the terrace of one of the most popular place in Patan!!!
The impact that you will have coming from the main street is simply crazy...From the street you will see some temples and every step you take, more temple you will be able to see, till the final destination, Durbar Square, complitely fullfilled of Temples, momasteries and monuments.
- Pros:simply the nicest place in the Valley
Not so much as in Kathmandu or Bhaltapur,. But also here in Patan you will have the opportunity to get stopped from some... more travel advice
In the Durbar Square area there are a lot of restautrants and Bar. Sometimes is very nice to take an hour just for... more travel advice
Written Feb 26, 2005
Take a walk trough Patan
Written Feb 26, 2005
Take a trip trought Kathmandu Valley
schlumpf's Related Pages
Patan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The nicest place in Kathmandu Valley"
- "PATAN (Lalitpur in Sanskrit, or Yala in Newari)"
- "Patan the Ancient Capital of Nepal."
- "The City of Fine Art"
- "Old Royal City."
- "Patan Old Newari Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Patan
- Transportation in Patan
- Restaurants in Patan
- Shopping in Patan
- Warnings and Dangers in Patan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Patan
- 12 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Patan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Patan
Photos in PatanSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jaipur Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 28 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Varanasi Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agra Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patan Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pushkar Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cusco Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue