"Unbelievable Monkey Temple" Swayambhunath by schlumpf
Swayambhunath Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 91 photos
The Swayambhunath a.k.a. the Moneky Temple, could be named as the “symbol” of Nepal, indeed, everyone looking at the wellknown “third eye Buddha”, would immediately think about Nepal.
The Monkey Temple is located on the top of a small hill and the views of the landscape that can be admired are simply amazing.
This temple is in one word amazing. The athmosphere, the rithm, the holy music, the architecture...all those things makes this place a very impressive one!
As usual, once a place is very famous, and gets into the toursitic circuit, would be definitely fullfilled of guides, stuffs seller and so on.
Indeed, also here in the monkey temple (moreover in the main entrance >>not the stairs way!!), you will find a lot of small street seller, a lot of woman with cry’ kids that will try to sell you something or will ask you to take some pics in order to get some tip.
Once you get in the temple, take the right side and get to the top, following the third eye Buddha. The views from the top, as said, are simply amazing.
The landscapes that will be opened to your eyes will be a moltitude of small stupas, little gompas, little sanctuaries and (lol!) some shops...
Beside the shops, the athmosphere is just great, with a lot of monks and people praying following their rituals.
There are two ways to reach the top of the Monkey temple: the first one (and the most common) is to get there with the car or whatever else tranportation you took; but the most beautifull way to reach the top of this amazing temple is to take his stairs.
Take care once you decide to take the stairs as are really very deep, and is not so strange to see people falling down...
How can you choose to enter from the main entrance with such view coming from the stairs?
Com’on it is simply unbelievable!
The Swayambhunath a.k.a. the Moneky Temple, could be named as the “symbol” of Nepal, indeed, everyone looking at the... more travel advice
schlumpf's Related Pages
Swayambhunath Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Unbelievable Monkey Temple"
- "Self-Created Stupa or Swayambhu Stupa"
- "Swayambhu, meaning the “Self-Created”"
- "Swayambhunath - an island in the lake"
- "Pictures of the Monkey Temple"
- "EL PUEBLO DE LOS MONASTERIOS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Swayambhunath
- Transportation in Swayambhunath
- Warnings and Dangers in Swayambhunath
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Swayambhunath
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Swayambhunath?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Swayambhunath
Photos in SwayambhunathSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jaipur Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 28 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Varanasi Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agra Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patan Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pushkar Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cusco Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue