"Mt. Sibayak, Vulcano and tribal villages" Top 5 Page for this destination Berastagi by schlumpf
Berastagi Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 204 photos
Berastagi is a pretty small village, wellknown in the area to be the start point of the excursion at the Mt. Sibayak and his Volcano.
But as not all the people known, nearby the village, at 2 hours ride with a local bus, there is also a tribal village called Serdang where I had the possibility to spend two days/one night in a tipical longhouse.
Serdang is the tipical tribal village, where the population is still not used to see tourist, and moreover, ?white european? or ?boy of the west? as they were used to call me...
All those things make Berastagi a great stop point during your trip in the amazing island of Sumatra....
If you are so lucky to be able to be invited in Serdang village, as you must have the approvation of the ?big boss of the village? to get in, pls do not take with you the video cam as they do not know it yet, and avoid sweets and so on...paper and pens are the wellcome for the kids and our old clothes are the wellcome to mans and womans!!!
For further detials check my tips and the albums....
The ecurion on the Volcano is something that has to be done once in Berastagi, or watching it from the other side, the Volcano is something that makes people stay in Berastagi...so, whatever side you watch, you gotta come!
This is one of the billion beautifull views offered from the way upon the Volcano, such an amazing excursion, that will pay you back of all the difficulties you will find on the way (believe me, you will find?em out!!!)
- Pros:beautifull people, quietness, easy way to travel
I do not know about you, but my plan was not to drink too much, as I could not afford to fall down in such a bathroom,... more travel advice
It was my first time that I had to eat with my hand, without forcs or whatever else..it was so strange for me, and I... more travel advice
schlumpf's Related Pages
Berastagi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Berastagi: Volcanoes and Batak Karo culture"
- "Mt. Sibayak, Vulcano and tribal villages"
- "Berastagi - a bit of everything!"
- "Sharrie's Berastagi Rest & Relax"
- "berAStaGi: a HighLAnd outside Medan"
- "Home of the Berastagi-fruit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Berastagi
- Hotels in Berastagi
- Transportation in Berastagi
- Nightlife in Berastagi
- Shopping in Berastagi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Berastagi
- 8 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Berastagi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Berastagi
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jaipur Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 28 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Varanasi Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agra Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patan Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pushkar Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cusco Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue