"Spend at least one week here!!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba by schlumpf

Danau Toba Travel Guide: 133 reviews and 479 photos

Lake Toba, my main stop during my trip trough the island of Sumatra, is something simply beautifull.

I was suppoused to stay here for about three days, but at the end I stayed for about two weeks...

This is normal, considering the beauty of the Lake, the beauty of the people, and moreover the lot of things that you can visit all around the area.

At the end, you will definitel detect that the Lake itself, is just the “top of the iceberg”, all aroufd the area there are so many amazing thing to see and so many activities to do, from hang around in the “flat area” having a look on so beautifull rice fields, visit the markets, visit the museum, have a bath in the geotermal water, or simply have a meal on the lake side...

For further details chack out my tips....

If you chill around, maybe renting a 125cc motorbike (drive on the left side mate!!!) which is pretty cheap and is the best way to travel all around, you will have amazing experience, from the beautifull Rice Fields, (check them out on my picture!!), to amazing view of the lake taken from the top point, passing troguh beautifull small villages.

Once you are riding so much and you are about to get tired, then take a break and take a bath in the geotermal water....

• Last visit to Danau Toba: Aug 2002
  • Intro Written Dec 11, 2004

• May 4, 2007 at 10:34 AM

great page luca! toba look amazing.regards-sue

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2006 at 8:01 PM

buon giorno mio amico :) happy birthday to you, wish you all the best!!!! toba lake >> want to be there again someday!

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2006 at 3:03 PM

Some great tales, here. Sounds a wonderful place.

• Jun 7, 2005 at 11:25 AM

I'm lil' bit jelous with u. you know why?b'coz my home town in samosir island but trully I never visiting Toba Lake, i'm just hearing from my parents n u ofcourse about the beauty of Toba Lake.Wait 4 me there okey. c u, ciou, adios, sayonara.

• Travel2write's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2005 at 8:37 AM

Looks amazing! T2W

• MJB123's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2004 at 4:51 PM

I never even heard of Danau Toba till looking at your pages. Honestly, you are the Patron Saint of Off the Beaten Track Travellers--St. Luca di Milano. Where were you when I mistakenly went to that tourist trap/fool's paradise Las Vegas?

• zumodemango's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2004 at 12:40 PM

very interesting place! and beautiful!

schlumpf

“Sky is the limit...”

Badges & Stats in Danau Toba

Have you been to Danau Toba?