"Delhi, a very impressing city" Delhi by schlumpf
Delhi Travel Guide: 1,722 reviews and 4,288 photos
Delhi, my landed city of my trip to India and Nepal, is something so beautifull.
Before to leave Italy for India, I heard a lot of bad things about this city, from “it is so bloody dirty”, to “it sticks a lot” and so on...
Once I got there, I was maybe the only one that was feeling confortable with the city.
I landed in the international airport at 2 o’clock in the morning, and then I drop in a car and went to my superduper guesthouse in Old Delhi...
The street was simply black, durty, fullfilled of people and cowes wherever, people awake that calls you...children that were simply walking up and down to those streets, chai seller on the street, biri smokers on the stret.... definitely a surreal situation: This was my first impact to India.....Amazing!
I couldn’t sleep due to the unbreathable air and umidity, such an high umidity, and at 06 am I was again on the street, and the view was the same, the same kids walking up and down, the same chai sellers, the same biri sellers, the same people sleeping on the street side and the same cowes chilling on the street...Only one difference..It was pissing so much rain!
At the end, this is an amazing city, one of the most beautifull I have visited during my stay in India...
I had booked a Guesthouse in Old Delhi on line, and the pictures of the guesthouse showen in the internet were definitely different from the reality. The GH was a crap, definitely a crap, but...Am i in the position to complain a GH that costs less then 2 dollaz for a double with bath?! I do not think so...
But...have a room in the middle of the Old city is really a great experience!
At the entrance on the right side of the Humayun’s Tomb, you will find beautifull brithish gardens with a very nice... more travel advice
Different then the market in Connaught Palace of New Delhi, as that one is the touristic one, the market in Old Delhi in... more travel advice
schlumpf's Related Pages
Delhi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Delhi"
- "Capital city of India Delle"
- "Like the cats, this city had seven lives"
- "Shahjahanabad, as old as its history ...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Delhi
- Hotels in Delhi
- Transportation in Delhi
- Nightlife in Delhi
- Restaurants in Delhi
- Shopping in Delhi
- Warnings and Dangers in Delhi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Delhi
- 22 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Delhi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Delhi
- Commented on one of Hui-Hui's Delhi travel pages
- Posted in Travel Asia Forum "RE: Laos to Siem Reap?"
- Wrote a Review Take care once buying a bus ticket about General Warnings in Delhi Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Take a ride around Delhi"
- created a Delhi Travelogue "Take a ride around Delhi"
Photos in DelhiSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jaipur Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 28 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Varanasi Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agra Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patan Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pushkar Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cusco Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue