"Wellcome back to the moghul capital!" Fatehpur Sikri by schlumpf
Fatehpur Sikri Travel Guide: 240 reviews and 743 photos
Fatehpur Sikri was the moghul’s empire capital from 1571 to 1585, leaded from Akbar.
The capital, also called “the perfect city” has been build to bless Shaikh Salim Chishti, because he announced the born of a kid to king Akbar.
Despite the name, “the perfect city” has all the beauties but is definitely not perfect, indeed lot of historical people thinks that the built of this city has been the only one crazy thing made by Akbar.
The city is by far away from the water, indeed there is no river nearby, or even the possibility to caught it somewhere else!
Coming back to the present, and avoiding any other cultural/historical information, Fatehpur Sikri is a pretty amazing place, where you must come once in the area of Agra/Delhi/Jaipur.
Avoid to take an organized excursion as the time you will be spending in the city will be too less to understand and enjoy the place.
The “perfect city” is pretty big and you will find some people working on the old buildings, try to giv’em back the old beauty and shine!
During my visit to the city, i met a lot of indian toursit and I simpyl socialixed with them and spent one of the greatest afternoon I’ve ever had in my entire life!
Nearby the biggest mosque you will be definitely stopped by guys that will try to sell you every single stuff you could immage, and they will take you into the mosque “free of charge”...com’on NOTHING is free of charge in India!
The worst thing it cld happend to you, is that after the visit you will have to folow them in the village of Fatehpur Sikri (a very amazing and beautifull village) where they will sell you somehting..
The visit to the perfect city has definitely to be included into a trip trough north of India! Keep it in mind folks!
The best activity you will be about to do in Fatehpur Sikri, is one of the best activity during a trip to India. Simply walking, chilling and relax.
During the way you will see a lot of amazing buildings, like the great mosque a.k.a. Jama Mashjid (see the pic).
You will have very big spaces where to relax, walk, chill, admire landscape, buildings and people.
Try to get here quiet early in the morning, as in the first hours of the afternoon the temperatures will be bloody high!
As said before, Fatehpur Sikri is a quiet small and relaxing old city, and to better enjoy his “dimension”, you gotta... more travel advice
A great place to visit in Fatehpur Sikri is the great Mosque, also called Jama Mashjid. It is a very beautifull Mosque,... more travel advice
schlumpf's Related Pages
Fatehpur Sikri Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Fatehpur Sikri"
- "The GRAND center of Akbar's world...for 15 years."
- "Fatehpur Sikri - The Abandoned City"
- "AN ABANDONED CITY-AKBARS FATEHPUR SIKRI"
- "Fatehpur Sikri-Victory town!!"
- "Fatehpur Sikri"
- "Fathepur Sikri"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fatehpur Sikri
- Hotels in Fatehpur Sikri
- Transportation in Fatehpur Sikri
- Restaurants in Fatehpur Sikri
- Shopping in Fatehpur Sikri
- Warnings and Dangers in Fatehpur Sikri
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fatehpur Sikri
- 8 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Fatehpur Sikri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fatehpur Sikri
Photos in Fatehpur SikriSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jaipur Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 28 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Varanasi Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agra Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patan Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pushkar Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cusco Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue