"Jaipur, the pink city of Rajasthan" Top 5 Page for this destination Jaipur by schlumpf

Jaipur Travel Guide: 1,078 reviews and 3,257 photos

amazing people!

Jaipur is in the middle of the golden triangle of the indian tourism which includes Delhi, Agra and indeed, Jaipur.

This very impressing city isn’t really big, but is fullfilled of important sites that has to be visited during the stay.

As always, more toursits pass by a place, more this place became confident with tourism, and the impact is not always good.

Indeed, walking trough Jaipur, moreover in the main touristic place like Hawa Mahal or the market beside it, all the people are very used to be in stuff with tourists and you can find yourself in a very stressing situations, like be surrounded by paople offering you whatever, trying to sell you the most stupid stuff and so on...Be aware morevoer near the Hawa Mahal and clearly take care of the Rickshaw driver which are defintiely stressing you all day long.
That said, Jaipur is also a very pleasant and nice place where to stay at least three days..Take care ocne is raining...check the pics out !!

Here you should at least visit the beauty of the Hawa Mahal, the flower Market (not the touristic stuff market!!) where none is stressing you, the Monkey temple (unbelievable with no one tourist at all!), the center fullfilled of Rickshaw, camels and monkeys (strange views!!!!) the Amber fort, the Tiger Fort, the city palace and the center of the city a.k.a. Tripolia Gate.

That said, I should also say that here I met the most beautifull people, so much open and very afashinated by where i come from; for example, once I was walking to reach the monkey Temple (the most beautifull place to visit in Jaipur, by the way!), I took a brek and sit for a while and immediately after a guy came to me asking if we could take a picture together with him, asking me to send him a copy as he wanna show it to his parents...wow! Of course, I simply did it...
After that, he took me till the Monkey temple and we talk a bit together...this is so cool!

It will definitely happend that on the way, people will watch you (moreover in palces not so common for tourist as this one), and will stop you and start talking with you...This is what I like more...

• Pros:lot of sites and great places to visit
  • Cons:people are too used to be in touch with tourists
  • In a nutshell:go trought the streets, there is the real pink city
  • Last visit to Jaipur: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 20, 2005

• magdalena2007's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2007 at 6:29 AM

hi -beautiful pages! how long did you go to india for? i can only leave work for 2 weeks and i'm limited to how many cities i can visit.. i want to see how long others go for. thx ;)

• Hui-Hui's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2006 at 6:27 AM

Hello, How are you? Long time no see! It's really a coincidence because I always follow your steps. ;) I plan to go to India with my younger sister in Oct. Your India pages are very helpful. Thank you!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2005 at 9:08 AM

Nic epage, thanks for the tips!

• trisanna's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2005 at 1:28 AM

Great pictures. We are heading here in early November. Sorry i didn't contact you about Wien, but i was so busy with the family. I am sure we will meet up again, somewhere. When and where is your next trip? Cheers!

• cazz38's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2005 at 11:06 AM

Wha an amazing place Luca,excellent tips and pictures.

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2005 at 4:42 AM

Great, very interesting travel page! Greetings!

• chiara76's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2005 at 1:11 AM

Very nice page, interesting photos. I really like it. Good job!

• Mar 30, 2005 at 7:00 AM

Nice page!!!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2005 at 2:39 PM

Jal Mahal (Lake Palace) looks fantastic! I see large contrast between cool places to see and some inconveniences of traveling well desribed in Warning and Tourist Traps tips. Well, India is worth of those inconveniences, right?

• MJB123's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2005 at 4:34 PM

Come stai Luca. Spero non e un stupido domanda ma puo mangiare monkeys in India?

schlumpf