"Jaipur, the pink city of Rajasthan" Top 5 Page for this destination Jaipur by schlumpf
Jaipur Travel Guide: 1,078 reviews and 3,258 photos
Jaipur is in the middle of the golden triangle of the indian tourism which includes Delhi, Agra and indeed, Jaipur.
This very impressing city isn’t really big, but is fullfilled of important sites that has to be visited during the stay.
As always, more toursits pass by a place, more this place became confident with tourism, and the impact is not always good.
Indeed, walking trough Jaipur, moreover in the main touristic place like Hawa Mahal or the market beside it, all the people are very used to be in stuff with tourists and you can find yourself in a very stressing situations, like be surrounded by paople offering you whatever, trying to sell you the most stupid stuff and so on...Be aware morevoer near the Hawa Mahal and clearly take care of the Rickshaw driver which are defintiely stressing you all day long.
That said, Jaipur is also a very pleasant and nice place where to stay at least three days..Take care ocne is raining...check the pics out !!
Here you should at least visit the beauty of the Hawa Mahal, the flower Market (not the touristic stuff market!!) where none is stressing you, the Monkey temple (unbelievable with no one tourist at all!), the center fullfilled of Rickshaw, camels and monkeys (strange views!!!!) the Amber fort, the Tiger Fort, the city palace and the center of the city a.k.a. Tripolia Gate.
That said, I should also say that here I met the most beautifull people, so much open and very afashinated by where i come from; for example, once I was walking to reach the monkey Temple (the most beautifull place to visit in Jaipur, by the way!), I took a brek and sit for a while and immediately after a guy came to me asking if we could take a picture together with him, asking me to send him a copy as he wanna show it to his parents...wow! Of course, I simply did it...
After that, he took me till the Monkey temple and we talk a bit together...this is so cool!
It will definitely happend that on the way, people will watch you (moreover in palces not so common for tourist as this one), and will stop you and start talking with you...This is what I like more...
- Pros:lot of sites and great places to visit
- Cons:people are too used to be in touch with tourists
- In a nutshell:go trought the streets, there is the real pink city
Always walking trough the streets of Jaipur, you will meet a lot of people. If you keeop walking in the touristic part,... more travel advice
Walking trough the street of India you will see all the people (i saw only man) smoking such a small sigar, called BIRI.... more travel advice
Written Jan 29, 2005
The monkey temple
Written Jan 29, 2005
Jaipur, an amazing city fullfilled of sites
schlumpf's Related Pages
Jaipur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Jaipur"
- "Jaipur, the pink city of Rajasthan"
- "The Pink City, Rajasthan's sunny capital"
- "Jaipur-The City of Palaces,Forts&Gardens"
- "Jaipur: The Capital of Rajputana !"
- "Jaipur - The Pink City"
- "Jaipur जयपुर"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jaipur
- Hotels in Jaipur
- Transportation in Jaipur
- Nightlife in Jaipur
- Restaurants in Jaipur
- Shopping in Jaipur
- Warnings and Dangers in Jaipur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jaipur
- 29 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Jaipur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jaipur
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jaipur Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 28 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Varanasi Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agra Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patan Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pushkar Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cusco Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue