"Holy Pushkar...." Top 5 Page for this destination Pushkar by schlumpf
Pushkar Travel Guide: 191 reviews and 788 photos
Pushkar, the holy city of Pushkar...
Coming from the Delhi or Agra, Pushkar seems to be a small heaven created in the middle of India..
This is city is so beautifull, small, full of nice sites to visit and, moreover, is the tipical backpacker city... A lot of europeans lives in Pushkar since the ‘70s, indeed Pushkar is consider a multi etnic city...
For sure has less cultural impacts then Varanasi, but is a nice city where to chill for a couple of days and where you will have definitely a possibility to go trough hindu culture, getting to know some people and “just chill”... till the next episode...
Pushkar has the holy Lake with a lot of gaths and it is a very interesting thing to observe...really pretty beautifull landscape!
A particular about Pushkar is that this is the city I have visited with less cow on the streets...despite that, is the city with more monkeys....
Isn’t so durty as Delhi or Varanasi are, isn’t so looking so drammatically poor as the other two are...definitely a nice place where to chill...
In the whole trip I had in India i touched Delhi, Agra, Fathepur, Jaipur, Udiapur, Pushkar, Varanasi and then str8 to Nepal, and considering all the things seen, guess Pushkar is my favourite city nr 2 together with Jaipur (Amazing!) only after the superbeautifull Varanasi...
I got in Pushkar in the middle of August and there was an hindu festival...At 5 ocklock in the morning the streets of the city where simply rivers of people..all those Saree so coloured, all those people...wow! Absolutely amazing!
The problem in Pushkar as everywhere else in India, is the rain. If it rains for let’s say 20 minutes??
The pic is the rusult....
This is a very nice place where to rest for a bit drinking a cola or whatever, even having a dinner. A nice and quiet... more travel advice
This is the tipical tourist trap in Pushkar. Once you will be walking near the Gaths area, you will meet a lot of people... more travel advice
schlumpf's Related Pages
Pushkar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pushkar Holy Lake"
- "Holy Pushkar...."
- "Pushkar - A pond created by a flower"
- "Pushkar king of kings"
- "Pushkar - a holy Hindu pilgrimage town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pushkar
- Hotels in Pushkar
- Transportation in Pushkar
- Nightlife in Pushkar
- Restaurants in Pushkar
- Shopping in Pushkar
- Warnings and Dangers in Pushkar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pushkar
- 17 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Pushkar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pushkar
Photos in PushkarSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jaipur Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 28 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Varanasi Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agra Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patan Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pushkar Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cusco Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue