"The Venice of the East" Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur by schlumpf
Udaipur Travel Guide: 476 reviews and 1,536 photos
Udaipur, wellknown as the “Venice of the East”, is a pretty impressing and nice city where to relax for a couple of days.
If the level of the water permits, you will be able to admire beautifull views of the city palace, the biggest palace build in the whole Rajasthan, otherwise, the palace itself is also nice and a visit to the whole area is definitely to be cosnider a must.
The main memory I have of this place is the celebration of the indipendence day, indeed I have been in Udaipur during this celebration, and it has been amazing.
All those people walking trough Udaipur’ streets, people so coloured with all the Saree, music all around, Elephants all around the streets...wow! It has been a very strange sight...
Udaipur is also a very easy going city in a way, and there is nothing better after a very long and stressy day (do not forget that you are anyway in India!) to have a very chilling and very long dinner in such a terrace, where you can admire a simply beautifull sunsets (not the one in the pic!)....
As menthioned before, the city palace is a very beautifull place, and the biggest palace ever built in the whole Rajasthan. In case there will be enough water, the city palace view would amaze you definitely so much!
I was not so lucky, indeed all around India was raining, I took rain in Delhi, Agra, Fatheour, Varanasi, and whatever else place, but not here, where I was needing some water more...strange!
However, altough the water lever won’t be so hight to let you have a great view, you will definitely appreciate the night view offered, indeed the palace is everyn ight fullfilled of lights, and the view given is simply great!
- Pros:A very nice and relaxing place
Walking trough the street of India you will see all the people (i saw only man) smoking such a small sigar, called BIRI.... more travel advice
This is a must activity if you are in Udaipur on the 15 of August. Well, I could say that is a must wherever you will be... more travel advice
schlumpf's Related Pages
Udaipur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweeechic's Udaipur"
- "My Udaipur"
- "Mewar Kingdom on Pichola Lake"
- "Udaipur - a romantic lakesite!"
- "The Venice of the East"
- "Udaipur, City of Lakes"
- "Udaipur - City of Lakes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Udaipur
- Hotels in Udaipur
- Transportation in Udaipur
- Nightlife in Udaipur
- Restaurants in Udaipur
- Shopping in Udaipur
- Warnings and Dangers in Udaipur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Udaipur
- 18 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Udaipur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Udaipur
Photos in UdaipurSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jaipur Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 28 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Varanasi Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agra Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patan Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pushkar Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cusco Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue