"ฺAndaman Sea-Spicy Curry-Wonderful beaches" Southern Thailand by beebah
Southern Thailand Travel Guide: 7,854 reviews and 20,778 photos
Pak Tai or Phak Tai means The South. South of Thailand consists 14 provinces which are Krabi, Chumpon, Trang, NakornSrithammarat, Narathiwat, Pattani, PangNga, Pattalung, Phuket, Yala, Ranong, Songkla, Satul ..and Suratthani.
When I'm writing this ( JAN 2006) Situation in 3 provinces(Yala, Narathiwat and Pattani) is still on fire. Better not to go there at the moment for your own safety due to conflict about being Muslims and such... which in fact it's nothing to do with religion at all. Because last time they found one of those boys who were shot dead in the mosque was Buddhist. Just some people there wanted to make the conflict (as they said) wanted to be independent state( as they used to be hundreds years ago) This is very sensitive issue.
But anyway the rest of South is still fine.
Known as straight foward kind of people. They have their own dialect which is soooo fast I can't even understand when they're talking :-) So don't be surprised if Thai language you learnt from Phrase book doesn't work there
Many chinese in south too mostly run their own business.
Some of them speak "Yawee" especially in the 3 provinces Malaysian border. Who they're Muslims.
It's normally sunny in the south. But anyway it rains often too but not like raining for hours and hours.. In fact compared to the rest of Thailand. It rains the most in south. But in summer. winter which is "high season" doesn't rain so much.
Some national parks would be closed down to the visitors several months a year. (such as some islands they have turtles come to lay eggs every year and they don't want tourists disturb these turtles as well as some other creatures) So, check for info before you go.
- Pros:Amazing beaches.
- Cons:Little Pricey
Located in Pang-Nga. see more info about this province here Heaven for Adventure Lovers Khaosok National Park is... more travel advice
beebah's Related Pages
Southern Thailand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Southern Thailand: Phuket and much more"
- "Phi Phi"
- "Karon Beach"
- "Southern Thailand... where the fun begins!"
- "Rubber Processing"
- "'The Big Three' gulf Islands"
- "Ko NangYuan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Southern Thailand
- Hotels in Southern Thailand
- Transportation in Southern Thailand
- Nightlife in Southern Thailand
- Restaurants in Southern Thailand
- Shopping in Southern Thailand
- Warnings and Dangers in Southern Thailand
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Southern Thailand
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Southern Thailand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Southern Thailand
- Posted in Travel Varanasi Forum "RE: Varanasi-Kathmandu"
- Wrote a Review Forest, Floating Bungalows, Kayaking in Khao Sok in Southern Thailand Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Forest, Floating Bungalows, Kayaking in Khao Sok"
- updated a Southern Thailand Travel Page "ฺAndaman Sea-Spicy Curry-Wonderful beaches"
Photos in Southern ThailandSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 52 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nepal Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Nan Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Burma Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Southern Thailand Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Cairo Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Chiang Mai 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Thailand Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Central & Eastern Thailand Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
Top Southern Thailand hotels
- Ko Samui Hotels
- 1125 Reviews - 2469 Photos
- Hat Yai Hotels
- 374 Reviews - 706 Photos
- Ko Phangan Hotels
- 393 Reviews - 818 Photos
- Ko Phi Phi Don Hotels
- 487 Reviews - 1361 Photos
- Ban Lamai Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 13 Photos
- Songkhla Hotels
- 56 Reviews - 108 Photos
- Phangnga Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 64 Photos
- Ko Lanta Hotels
- 182 Reviews - 418 Photos
- Nakhon Si Thammarat Hotels
- 33 Reviews - 169 Photos
- Ban Khao Lak Hotels
- 88 Reviews - 225 Photos
- Sungai Kolok Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 3 Photos
- Ko Phaluai Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 22 Photos
- Kathu Hotels
- 21 Hotels
- Trang Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 98 Photos
- Chumphon Hotels
- 37 Reviews - 85 Photos