"Kingdom of Siam" Thailand by beebah
Thailand Travel Guide: 32,076 reviews and 82,517 photos
Thailand consists major 4 parts. North (Phak Nua) , Eastern (Phak TawanOrk) , North East (Phak Phak TawanOrk Chiang Nua ..or ESARN,ISAN) ,West (Phak Tawan Tok) and South (Phak Tai)
Coming to Thailand you should know what you you want to see. Since in each part of Thailand could be completely different.
mountain range, forest, cooler climate, hilltribes, nature, trekking, Lanna culture. People there are well known as easy-going, nice and friendly people. Especially girls from the north are considered most beautiful. (Don't know who said that but according to ideas of Thai people, Having light skin is beauty. And girls from the north has very fair skin, chinese-skin-like which is ideal for most of guys here:-)
Though this is not a fact. But I must say ..most of time it's true ;-)
North East (Phak Esarn)
Hospitality of the locals, fun loving, kind people. National Parks, historical parks (some are from same period as Angkor Wat), Handmade products, Silk
Central (Phak Klang) & West (Tawan Tok)
Historical parks, Ancient ruins and temples, Old capitals of Siam, markets, white water rafting (in NakornNayok), And west side there are Waterfalls, forest, jungle rafting, historic River Kwai
South (Phak Tai)
Amazingly beautiful beaches, diving spots, outdoor adventure (Rock climbing on Railey Island, Kayaking), Scuba Diving, Rain Forest, Caves..etc
East (Phak Tawan Ork)
Easier access beaches. Laid back atmosphere on the islands like Koh Chang, Koh samed.. Also well known as best part to grow fruits. Most of fruits in Thailand are grown in this part of the country (Rayong, Chantaburi..)
- There's a lot of stray dogs/cats in this city and people do feed them as if they're their own pet
- Prostitution is "illegal" in this country. But we're probably the best known destination for sex tourists.
- We eat icecream that served in bread (like sandwich)
- Every 1st and 16th of every month are the days Thais waiting for. It's lucky draw day for lottery :-P
- Not all of Thai people eat spicy food
- We are not happy with current government. But what can we do?
- We even dislike the previous one more than this one:-P
- New Bangkok International Airport is probably the airport that took longest time in the world to complete.
- Thai guys sometimes they're more beautiful than Thai girls :-P
- We call old, pervert sex tourists "It" like what you refer to animals. No kidding.
- Thai people eat all the time. Yes!
- Thai guys are crazy about football and National Team is Manchester United.
- Some taxi drivers can be pain in the arse.
- Not everyone here is good at smiling, sorry
- We do get angry 'sometimes'. (for sure)
- Some Thai spoiled brats like to go to shopping in Hong Kong and Singapore even things are more expensive there
- Some of us still stupid enough to pay 100 Baht for a cup of Starbucks coffee. While some people got paid as minimum wage at 160 Baht/day
- We put at least 5 herbs in our soup but we don't eat them. We eat only meat in there and the soup!
- Thai people LOVE Karaoke, Seriously LOVE it.
- Not every Thai eats insects. Lately it became more like tourist attraction.("ewww! yikkkkeeee! how could u eat that..ewww! now bring it closer to my camera" then snap some photos)
- Pad Thai on Khaosan road is not Pad Thai. It's greasy cheapy quality noodles fried with oil.
- Thai people learn English since we are 6 years old. But never be able to use it in real life. Coz we are too "Shy" and afraid that we're going to make mistakes. Sad but true
- We normally don't use chopsticks to eat, Sorry if your dream about showing your chopsticks skill is shattered.
- If you ask for chopsticks to eat your friedrice. People sure see you as "funny man"
- We use chopsticks ONLY when we eat noodles, chinese, japanese food
- We normally use spoon and fork. No knife.
- Biggest market here must be market for WHITENING PRODUCTS
- Girls here are most worried about their skin is not yet "white" enough
- We smim in the sea in full clothes. Tshirt-Shorts. Bikinis are still rare.
- Unless u spot the 'modern' girls
- If you chat with Thais and they sometimes type "555" don't be puzzled. It means they're laughing. As number 5 in Thai is pronouched "ha"
- One thing you NEVER do in this country is insulting The King. Thai people love him SO MUCH.
- And NOT just because he's The King. But he has been working really hard and so humble.
- Mondays. Everybody wears Yellow shirts. It's to show the love and loyalty to His Majesty.
- Nope, we're not brainwashed ;-)
- Too bad not everyone looks good in yellow :-)
- People from the north of Thailand are stereotyped as "sloowwwww" people as they talk slowly and always sounds sweet even when they're cusring at you.
- People from the south speak Thai (with southern dialect) with 50x speed. It's too fast that we NEVER have an idea what they're talking about.
- Some touristy destinations. Foreigners are more welcome than locals. Another sad but true.
- Because they tend to tip bigger and coming with stronger currency
- But who cares, we move somewhere else ;-)
- Locals take TukTuk only for short distance and we never pay more than 70 Baht
- If he asks more than that. We take a taxi.
- Everything can be solved with phrase "Mai Pen Rai" (never mind, no problem) in this country.
- We smile a lot for sometimes..no reasons
- We drink a lot too, guys/girls
- Lately I see girls smoking more than guys
- One pack of cigarettes costs roughly 1 Euro, that's why
- Thai nick names can be just "ANYTHING" you might come across to girls named Apple, Joy, Pancake, Beauty, Nutty, etc..
- For boys it's even worse. It's totally normal in Thailand (not for me) to name your children "Boy", Beckham, Ball, Beer, Bank, Oak, Film, ....etc...
- Call any Thai "cow" or "pig" is laughable. But if you call them "buffalo" then you should be prepared for a fight.
- Not every Thai guy can do Muay Thai. so, no worries
- We call snack as "Khong Gin Len". Basically means "eat for fun" or "play food"
- 25 C is considered COLD for us
- We think all countries in Europe ALWAYS have snow (if you've never been there at all)
- Some Thais go to Japan, Korea only during winter. Because then, we can see REAL SNOW
- We NEVER ever be happy about out governments. No, we just love to complain
- Thais can party anywhere. Even of the rooftop of the building where is right next to skytrain
- All of that we need just couple of bottles in whiskey
- 80% of films in cinema here are Hollywood
- And if you watch that in smaller cities. They are all dubbed in Thai.
- We don't say anything that means "bon appetit" before starting to eat.
- We really don't have one. It's not needed ;-)
- We celebrate every community's festivals (Christmas, New Year, Valentine's, bla bla)
- All of that, just another excuse to drink more
- Valentine's day in Thailand, lately has become "losing virginity day"
- Sex before marriage is very normal these days. We're not that "conservative" anymore.
- And I dunno it's a good thing or not ..hmmm..
- In a nutshell:Forget things you've heard about it. Better come to experience it yourself.
Some islands have plenty of tamed fish. Even at very shallow beaches. They are not afraid of human at all. And people... more travel advice
beebah's Related Pages
Thailand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Thailand - BpraThetThai"
- "Beautiful Thailand!!"
- "Siam - Land of the Smiles"
- "*The Land of Smiles"
- "but where is your soul?"
- "A Different Thailand - The Non-Standard Places"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thailand
- Hotels in Thailand
- Transportation in Thailand
- Nightlife in Thailand
- Restaurants in Thailand
- Shopping in Thailand
- Warnings and Dangers in Thailand
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Thailand
- 72 Reviews
- 110 Photos
- 30 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Thailand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thailand
- updated a Thailand Travel Page "Kingdom of Siam"
- Wrote a Review DO NOT feed the fish while visiting islands in Thailand Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "DO NOT feed the fish while visiting islands"
- Posted in Travel Varanasi Forum "RE: Varanasi-Kathmandu"
- Commented on one of AuTourDuMonde32's Thailand travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 52 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nepal Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Nan Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Southern Thailand Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Cairo Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Chiang Mai 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Thailand Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Central & Eastern Thailand Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos