"Tired of touristy places?" Nan by beebah
Nan Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 52 photos
Until my friend came up with the idea "Where's Nan" then I started to actually think about it. And swear to Buddha, I never knew it's border of Thailand-Lao another checking point between 2 countries.
Just knowing there's no train goes to Nan, it sounds like fun already. What a province.. can't be reached by train! in Thailand! it has to be very rural not to have any trains passing where you live.
But Nan is just ..u know .. Railway company won't make any profit operating train to Nan, i think. :-) too small, too far, not a tourist place, can't go anywhere futhur but Lao.
This is why this province is still so pure.
Nan has both.. since it's not such a popular destination like Chiangmai, MaeHongSon or Chiangrai.. but i'm sure you will love it there.
Nan town is small, peaceful, after 7:30 PM town is completely quiet already (hungry at night? no worry, there's 7-eleven! well... only one though .. Thank Buddha)
Plenty of Wats to explore, museum to enjoy , great food to be tasted, nature to be amazed... peaceful atmosphere and nice people.
can't be any better...
just do nothing but being lazy here,(if you like) you won't feel guilty doing that :-)
- Pros:peaceful, pure, beauty of nature, nice people, nice food.
- Cons:If you travel solo and If you have to buy tour packages, they're not very cheap
First I have to say I'm not a sport person at all. But well.. if you come to Nan and you don't go rafting that's like... more travel advice
Esarn food is popular everywhere in Thailand, include Nan. Food will be a little spicy but it tastes great.... more travel advice
beebah's Related Pages
Nan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tired of touristy places?"
- "Nan on Quiet Day"
- "Love that Nan"
- "Few tourists in wonderful surroundings"
- "Nan - Famous for Long Boat Race"
- "Janwat Nan and City Nan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nan
- Hotels in Nan
- Transportation in Nan
- Nightlife in Nan
- Restaurants in Nan
- Shopping in Nan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nan
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Nan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nan
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 52 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nepal Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Nan Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Southern Thailand Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Cairo Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Chiang Mai 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Thailand Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Central & Eastern Thailand Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos