"Oh My Buddha! It's Thailand! :-)" beebah's Profile
For questions, info..
Sometimes I logged in and found emails that needed information for their trips to Thailand and I found that it's too late to reply! (they already came and gone back home) So, if you have questions that I could help. Either leave message on My Blog or if you're a member of CS look me up on CouchSurfing with same username here. (Or join up, it's a great project!)
For us Thais we don't have much chance to travel. First,taking long vacation is not possible.If you want to know how bad..I give you an idea.If you're working in company (big one) you can have 6-10 days a year for vacation.That's enough already for reason not to go travel anywhere but let's do "9-day-for-5--countries" (for Thais those they're pretty wealthy)
But since I am not one of them(anymore!) :-) I made my first backpacking in Laos alone.It was one of BEST experiences I have ever had. So along came Nepal (3 weeks), Burma (3 weeks), India (3 months), Europe (45 days), Singapore+Malaysia (3 weeks) and other minor trips :-)
Anyway,Sorry about my English I'm sure I'm going to make a lot of mistakes. But that's how we learn,right? hehe..good excuse.
It's kind of weird to have so little tips about my hometown. But when you're local you don't really understand why tourists wanna see those places? (I'm not kidding, Just..I actually think so!) :-)
Besides, those 'attractions' you can find them anywhere.. guidebooks.. websites.. So I guess I'll be more like.. giving tips for lesser known places in Bangkok and Thailand. Maybe even places you'll wonder why the hell people wanna see that?
But of course if you have questions regarding attractions here in Thailand (especially Bangkok) I know Bangkok sucks in some ways. But if you know where to go (AND not to go) when to go, and how to deal with stuff here. It can be very pleasant place. Jing Jing (really)
So feel free to email me. I think I've traveled quite a lot in Thailand as well. Call me BKK-guru :-D (err!!.. maybe!!) haha :-)
First one is Ray! (Chicagoguy) he's so much fun. We had great time here!!
Second trip we had chance to experience my friend's ordination here in northern of Thailand. I didn't expect him to 'blend' in this good. But look who's dancing with the locals at 3am!?! (see larger image..click click!)
I'm so happy for him that he has met a special woman in his life :-) Hope to see her some day too.
Another friend i've met both of in my country and in his country is Kristian (Yakyai2004) Kind of crazy since we went to Cambodia together on the first day we met face to face. Stayed at his place in Stockholm. He got a naughty cat!
Can't forget Hazem He saved my arse in Cairo. Real cutie ! I'll buy you ice cream in Bangkok, dear. (no, not more than ice cream, sorry)
- Born in Bangkok, grew up in Bangkok
- I was educated in private Catholic school for 8 years
- Then moved on to Thai public school (nice!)
- First 8 years on my school life, I prayed as Catholic
- Another 6 years in Thai school I prayed as Buddhist.
- Now I can do both :-P
- I went to University.
- Got a degree in Communication Design, Fine Arts
- First time backpacking alone was in Laos
- First time flying alone (international) was Bangkok - Cairo
- First time flying EVER in my life was Chiang Mai - Bangkok
- I watch a lot of movies
- I love Photography
- Most memorable trip was Laos and Nepal
- Most exciting trip was India
- First time I felt like crying while traveling was I got lost in Brussels
- I'm a member of CouchSurfing and Hospitality Club
- I'm a member of Flickr
- I can't live without Thai food :-)
- I'm really bad at mathemathics, don't ask me to calculate anything
- Now I'm living in Belgium.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 92 Reviews
- 176 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Royal Barge Procession (Rehearsal)"
- beebah and ChicagoGuy are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Oh My Buddha! It's Thailand! :-)"
- Wrote a Review Big name DJs, "Open bar", Ladies night, Good music in Bangkok Nightlife
- Commented on Hmmmm's profile page
- updated a Bangkok Travel Page "Bangkok - It's not what you think it is :-P"
- Posted in Travel Varanasi Forum "RE: Varanasi-Kathmandu"
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 52 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nepal Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Nan Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Burma Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Southern Thailand Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Cairo Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Chiang Mai 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Thailand Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Central & Eastern Thailand Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos