"Why Wycombe?" Top 5 Page for this destination High Wycombe by taryn_treloar

High Wycombe Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 123 photos

What age groups live here?

With a population of 162,108 people, 17,846 are of ages 15-24, 23,539 are of ages 25-35, in comparason to 19,952 of ages 60-74. The main age group of people is between 18-30, thus a fairly young town.

One of the better things about Wycombe is that you will not find underage teens in the bars and pubs. It's a very nice change compared to the city I live in. The average age that you will see in the pubs/bars is between 20-40.

Have You Ever Heard of a Place Called Wycombe

I didn't even know this tiny town existed until I moved here for a year. At first, I could not understand how people survived in such a small place, and then I learned the ways of the pub culture. (It made it somewhat bearable with the good company I had to share it with)
During my year in Wycombe, I spent many a night out on the town, as you will note in my travel tip pages. Wycombe itself is a bit of a hole but I got use to its lousy ways and it hooked me in a little. I will be returning to Wycombe in April to visit my good friends at the School I was working in. A few nice aspects of Wycombe were its Markets on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday and the amount of Pubs it had to offer in a small distance.

Most people kept to themselves unless they were at the pub or picking a fight with someone. Not the safest place on Earth, but relatively safe for a girl (sorry guys but I didn't hear about many girls being jumped during my stay)

Why Come Here??

The only reason why I would ever advise you to stop in this small, remote, dismal town is if you're looking for a night on the pull. You see, all of the guys/girls in Wycombe are ready to pounce on command. Thus, if you feel like a good night on the *** and want some action come here and you'll get it. I do not promise quality though, although there is minimal amounts.

Wycombe does have a few places to eat out that are good. See Resturants below.

• Pros:Everything is in walking distance
  • Cons:Racial Discrimination and Crime
  • In a nutshell:A place I'll return to, but not for the city itself
  • Last visit to High Wycombe: Sep 2002
  • Intro Updated Dec 21, 2003

Badges & Stats in High Wycombe

Have you been to High Wycombe?

Latest Activity in High Wycombe