"Why Wycombe?" Top 5 Page for this destination High Wycombe by taryn_treloar
High Wycombe Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 123 photos
With a population of 162,108 people, 17,846 are of ages 15-24, 23,539 are of ages 25-35, in comparason to 19,952 of ages 60-74. The main age group of people is between 18-30, thus a fairly young town.
One of the better things about Wycombe is that you will not find underage teens in the bars and pubs. It's a very nice change compared to the city I live in. The average age that you will see in the pubs/bars is between 20-40.
I didn't even know this tiny town existed until I moved here for a year. At first, I could not understand how people survived in such a small place, and then I learned the ways of the pub culture. (It made it somewhat bearable with the good company I had to share it with)
During my year in Wycombe, I spent many a night out on the town, as you will note in my travel tip pages. Wycombe itself is a bit of a hole but I got use to its lousy ways and it hooked me in a little. I will be returning to Wycombe in April to visit my good friends at the School I was working in. A few nice aspects of Wycombe were its Markets on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday and the amount of Pubs it had to offer in a small distance.
Most people kept to themselves unless they were at the pub or picking a fight with someone. Not the safest place on Earth, but relatively safe for a girl (sorry guys but I didn't hear about many girls being jumped during my stay)
The only reason why I would ever advise you to stop in this small, remote, dismal town is if you're looking for a night on the pull. You see, all of the guys/girls in Wycombe are ready to pounce on command. Thus, if you feel like a good night on the *** and want some action come here and you'll get it. I do not promise quality though, although there is minimal amounts.
Wycombe does have a few places to eat out that are good. See Resturants below.
- Pros:Everything is in walking distance
- Cons:Racial Discrimination and Crime
- In a nutshell:A place I'll return to, but not for the city itself
This was one of the best decisions that I made while I was in England. Joining a Basketball club. I met so many great... more travel advice
Wine and alcohol is a big part of the English cuture....so whenever there was a school party the Gaps would make the... more travel advice
taryn_treloar's Related Pages
High Wycombe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "High Wycombe - it's really not that bad!"
- "Why Wycombe?"
- "Wycombe - the worst town in the UK?"
- "High Wycombe"
- "Quarterly meeting venue"
- "High Wycombe---Place of my birth"
- "High Wycombe - posh name, crap town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in High Wycombe
- Hotels in High Wycombe
- Transportation in High Wycombe
- Nightlife in High Wycombe
- Restaurants in High Wycombe
- Shopping in High Wycombe
- Warnings and Dangers in High Wycombe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in High Wycombe
- 17 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to High Wycombe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in High Wycombe
Photos in High WycombeSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 25 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cancún Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination High Wycombe Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oslo Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oxford Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Munich Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Hamburg Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Stockholme Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos