"Great Water Fall near a Great City - the VA side" Great Falls by Prinsalsita
Great Falls Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 46 photos
Great Falls is near Washington, D.C.
Here the Potomac River runs through and falls over a series of steep, jagged rocks and flows through a narrow gorge called Mather Gorge.
This explendid and natural site has become very popular visit not only for residents but also for world travelers visiting the Washington area.
"The river here was a trading place for Indians and early colonists, and it is still a gathering place today. History buffs and geology enthusiasts find plenty to interest them in the ruins of George Washington's dream canal and in the natural structure of the gorge itself. " If you want to read more history on the Water Fall go to this website
One can just to take a walk, picnic with family and friends, or simply enjoy the view and the sun
En great falls uno puede pasear, hacer picnic con la familia y amigos o simplemente disfrutar de la bella vista y del sol
- Pros:a Natural beauty near a huge city
- Cons:there is no public transportation that goes there
- In a nutshell:Nature, Water, rocks, all near the Capital of the USA
"Rock climbing is a challenging sport enjoyed here. Several good stretches of rock offer adventure for climbers and... more travel advice
Prinsalsita's Related Pages
Great Falls Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Great Falls of the Potomac"
- "Great Falls Park"
- "Great Falls Virginia"
- "Great Falls, VA"
- "Great Water Fall near a Great City - the VA side"
- "An Urban Wonder"
- "Virginia's major geological feature"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Great Falls
- Restaurants in Great Falls
- Warnings and Dangers in Great Falls
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Great Falls
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Great Falls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Great Falls
Photos in Great FallsSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Huaraz Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Huanchaco Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Cusco Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valdivia Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Great Falls Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Bhutan Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manzanillo Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue