"Huaraz - valley between the Andes" Top 5 Page for this destination Huaraz by Prinsalsita
Huaraz Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 286 photos
HUARÁS that is how it is supposed to be spelled ( if you do not use the accent it is better to write Huaraz)
the capital of the departamento (kind of like a State) of Ancash, which is the departamento north of Lima.
check out this YouTube of tourism and Adventure made by Aldea
Huaraz is the navel to all the adventure trips because it is bordered by "Cordillera Blanca" the Andes on one side and the "Cordillera Negra" Rocky type of Mountains on the other side and the rafty river "rio santa" that forms a picturesque valley. All the towns inside the alley from Huaraz to the Llanganuco lake enclose so much tradicion that you can poignantly capture it even trhough a simple bus ride through the alley "callejon de Huaylas"
Huaraz is in the heart of the "Callejon de Huaylas" = Huaylas Alley. Just imagine a White range of mountains in one side and a Rocky type of mountains in the other. In the middle the "Santa" river runs with a heavy, bubbly white water raft. Huaraz concentrates the nucleos of the comercial and turistic life of the region. So everything girates around this fun valley.
los nevados pueden ser vistos desde cualquier lado.
the snow caped mountains can be seen from any angle.
- Pros:Abundant Activities: whitewater rafting, horsebackriding, repelling, ice climbing, etc
- Cons:very few english speakers -- so bring your dictionary
- In a nutshell:It is a Adventure traveler's Paradise
Here is a quick list of the bus agencies that you will find in Huaraz most of them go to Lima , Trujillo and... more travel advice
the bus lines give you a trakking ticket for your belongings but in the case of the bus Cavassa ... they are not... more travel advice
- See All searching for dancing places
- Pizza & more while you rock climb while...
- Watch a Mass and fun chorus at St...
Prinsalsita's Related Pages
Huaraz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Huaraz: The Acclimatization Project"
- "Huaraz - valley between the Andes"
- "Huaraz: Paradise in the Heart of the Andes"
- "Walks... Promenades..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Huaraz
- Hotels in Huaraz
- Transportation in Huaraz
- Nightlife in Huaraz
- Restaurants in Huaraz
- Shopping in Huaraz
- Warnings and Dangers in Huaraz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Huaraz
- 13 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Huaraz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Huaraz
- updated a Huaraz Travel Page "Huaraz - valley between the Andes"
- Posted in Travel Peru Forum "Re: What to do? Where to go?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Get your HUARAZ Hand made scarf"
- Wrote a Review Going by bus to Huaraz in Bus Bed vs Chicken bus in Huaraz Transportation
- Commented on one of Prinsalsita's Huaraz travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Huaraz Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Huanchaco Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Cusco Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valdivia Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Great Falls Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Bhutan Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manzanillo Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue