"Land of Kamasutra - Khajuraho" Khajuraho by Prinsalsita
Khajuraho Travel Guide: 262 reviews and 801 photos
Do you want to see the kamasutra inscriptions carved on stone, then visit Khajuraho with a thousand and one kamasutra temples just south of the Taj Mahal.
The city was once the original capital of the Chandela Rajputs, a Hindu dynasty that ruled this part of India from the 10th to the 12th centuries. The Khajuraho temples were built over a span of a hundred years, from 950 to 1050
on the way to Khajuraho from the Taj Mahal you should stop in Gwaylor to check out the Huge Fort (it can be viewed from the train but it is better if you adventure and walk it)
Gwalior located in Madhya Pradesh state in central India. The historic city of Gwalior is its administrative headquarters.
The Fort (from wiki..)
Standing on a steep mass of sandstone, Gwalior Fort dominates the city and is its most significant monument. It has been the scene of momentous events, imprisonment, battles and jauhars . A steep road winds upwards to the fort, flanked by statues of the Jain tirthankaras, carved into the rock face. The magnificent outer walls of the fort still stand, two miles in length and 35 feet high, bearing witness to its reputation for being one of the most invincible forts of India. This imposing structure inspired Emperor Babur to describe it as " the pearl amongst the fortresses of Hind ".
there is always a camel for hire at the entrances of the kamasutra temple. ask to take you to your hotel. the cost will... more travel advice
Prinsalsita's Related Pages
Khajuraho Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Khajuraho"
- "Temples of Khajuraho"
- "Eternal Expressions of Love Khajuraho"
- "Amazing Temples"
- "Journal: Donna & Sandy in Khajuraho"
- "The Famed "Erotic" Temples of Khajuraho"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Khajuraho
- Hotels in Khajuraho
- Transportation in Khajuraho
- Nightlife in Khajuraho
- Restaurants in Khajuraho
- Shopping in Khajuraho
- Warnings and Dangers in Khajuraho
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Khajuraho
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Khajuraho?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Khajuraho
- Posted in Travel Peru Forum "Re: What to do? Where to go?"
- Wrote a Review From the Temples to your Hotel ride a Camel in Khajuraho Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "From the Temples to your Hotel ride a Camel"
- created a Khajuraho Travel Page "Land of Kamasutra - Khajuraho"
- Commented on one of Paul2001's Khajuraho travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Huaraz Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Huanchaco Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valdivia Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Cusco Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Great Falls Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Bhutan Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manzanillo Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (16)
Latest Khajuraho hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Khajuraho
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- The Jass Oberoi
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2011
- Zen Hotel
- 218 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- The Lalit Temple View Khajuraho
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Chandela Hotel
- 210 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Hotel Usha Bundela
- 101 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Hotel Lakeside
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Hotel Surya
- 136 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013