"Middle East's little Island of Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Bahrain by kenyneo
Bahrain Travel Guide: 632 reviews and 1,444 photos
I always thought that Bahrain is just a small modern island for shopping, clubbing, eating and having fun ..little did I know that ..its history actually dated back to 3000 BC...the time of ancient civilisation ..where Gilgamesh, King of Uruk in Mesopotamia, whose saga recounts a wonderful mythological tale - a combination of 'A Thousand and One Nights' and images from the Bible. . a place once called the Cradle of Life ...
A place called Dilmun where the people according to ancient tablet are " eternally youthful "...where "...where the raven did not croak and wolves and lion did not devour their prey." ...
A place which houses the largest Ancient Necropolis in the world ....
...all in this small beautiful island of Bahrain .
Well I work and live in Saudi Arabia and here , there are no cinemas, no pubs and no discos....no alcohol ...so what do people in Saudi Arabia do ? well thank God there is this little island of Paradise just an hour drive from Ad-Dammam, where I stay ....( well guess not only me but lots of Arabs throng Bahrain during the weekend...the island is connected to Arabian Peninsular by a brigde .
Bahrain is a small country (an island ) in the Persian Gulf of only 665sq km with population of approx 700,000 people out of which 250,000 are expartriate !!!
The people of Bahrain are called Bahraini ...and the country is called Dilmun long ago.
it is because in the southern two-thirds of the island is mostly covered by desert. It is desolate and dry, with bluffs in the distance. Right in the middle of this desolation, however, sits the "Tree of Life", a 400 year old mesquite tree. It is marvelously big, with several low branches extending out in various directions, just crying out to be climbed upon.
A huge tree ..full of life and energy of its own ....
- Pros:Night life , shopping , lesiure ...a paradise
- In a nutshell:Must for those expats living in Saudi Arabia
nice and above average coffee house with a interesting selection of snacks I love the strawberry coffee here ...ist... more travel advice
BAIT AL QURAN The House of the Qur'an was built to accommodate a comprehensive and valuable collection of the Holy... more travel advice
kenyneo's Related Pages
Bahrain Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bahrain, the two waters"
- "Bahrain.. An Easy Get Away From Saudi Arabia"
- "Middle East's little Island of Paradise"
- "Bahrain - The Two Seas"
- "Bahrain, The Pearl of the Arabian Gulf"
- "Living in Bahrain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bahrain
- Hotels in Bahrain
- Transportation in Bahrain
- Nightlife in Bahrain
- Restaurants in Bahrain
- Shopping in Bahrain
- Warnings and Dangers in Bahrain
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bahrain
- 29 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Bahrain?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bahrain
Photos in BahrainSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 89 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 62 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 57 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 61 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 48 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 44 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bahrain Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Europe Intro, 27 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos