"...stranded between heaven and earth" Top 5 Page for this destination Bali by kenyneo

Bali Travel Guide: 6,678 reviews and 16,992 photos

Going Bali ?

I dedicate this to all travellers ...especially those who perish in the Bali bombings in 2002 and again 2005

What is happening my friend ? I dont understand them . I dont know why they target us . Why did they do that to us . Us , the travellers , the tourist . We didnt do any harm to them , did we ? But why did they want to kill us ? why do they want to bomb us ? Are they happy if we die ? Will they be in heaven if they kill us ? Why ? why my friend ?

Why do they have to act in such a cowardly manner. I hope all the travellers here will send our message across. We have 500,000 memebers across the globe. Can Virtual tourist members do something ? We have to tell these people that we mean no harm and we actually contribute to the local tourism. We have to tell them that we come with a heart and soul that yearn to explore new culture.

We need a dialogue ! we need to protest on behalf of all peace loving travellers around the world. We did nothing , but we are always the target. Shame of all these cowardly bombings. These people are incapable of taking a bigger opponent but have to do it in such shameless coward manner. Take your disatisfaction to the military not civilians.

I was so disturbed yesterday when I saw the news headline that there were 4 bombs in Bali and I was even more shocked to find that the place that was bombed was actually a restaurant which lies on my Bali restaurant tips. The food there was really good, that my mum and sister insisted of going there for the second time. I do not dare to tell my mum, I hope she doesnt remember the restaurant from the picture in the newspaper. I hope she doesnt . I think she will not because she understands only little English. I dont think she can recognise the ravaged restaurant. That was Raja's place. the place which i have such fond memories with my sister and mum. If my mum realise about this , she would not travel again . It took us quite a while to convince her to travel.

And here is Raja's place during a happier time...

Perhaps its time I remove this tip from virtual tourist for good.

I pray for all of you, my travellers friend, and may god be with you all the time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunset in Bali

Well , just came back from Bali , but I am still there spiritually . Still attached to its many beautiful ancient temples,still clinging to its breathtaking views and still hearing the soothing sound of the bamboo wind chymes...hmmm..love it ...

You can choose to see sunset from many places like Pura Tanah Lot ( the temple build on the lava rock emerged from the sea ) , the Pura Uluwatu ( temple by the cliff ) or from Kuta Beach.

And they are spectacular in their own way ...then why choose ?...just see them all ?

Even if its raining ...

The temples and the scenery offer a different sets of beauty ....magnificent cliff ...beautiful waves ...a perfect place to chill out or perhaps meditating ....

• Pros:Its a real breakaway place ...relaxing and mystical
  • Cons:street touts
  • In a nutshell:A paradise within paradise
  • Last visit to Bali: Jan 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 1, 2005

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2012 at 7:03 PM

This page surely deserves to be among top 5 . I shall come back for more!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2006 at 3:14 AM

Excellent page. Loved the barong pictures. Bali is an amazing place and you have discribed it very well..

• RinaNeo's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2005 at 8:13 AM

bro, remember we were at Rajah's place twice because the sambal belacan so sedap.. and mom likes it so much... I still have the pic of me and mom in the restaurant.. sighh

• goldcoaster's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2005 at 10:04 PM

Please don't delete. I love Bali and we must remember the good times. Our memories are what will make us return.

• diosh's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2005 at 4:50 AM

I also can't believe it's happened again!Please don't delete:-)Diana

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2005 at 4:05 AM

Bali is near and dear to my heart. I can't believe it has happened again Kenyneo. Keep your pages alive. Don't Delete, okay? Don't let them tear Bali down from our memories..

• dfactor's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2005 at 4:12 AM

Ken, I'm going to Bali next Jan! Your Bali page sure help me a lot! I need help planning where to go. I'll be there for a week.

• cvilla007's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2005 at 4:23 AM

Awesome. Great info, thanks. I'll be in Bali in August. Looking forward to learning about Bali culture and hoping for a safe trip. Thanks dude!

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2005 at 9:07 AM

Wonderful tips & photos of Bali ! Thanks for sharing :)

• Apr 1, 2005 at 4:48 PM

Your page has been very helpful to me for planning my trip to Bali last month. Thanks.

kenyneo

“Travel and see the world !”

Badges & Stats in Bali