"...stranded between heaven and earth" Top 5 Page for this destination Bali by kenyneo
Bali Travel Guide: 6,678 reviews and 16,992 photos
I dedicate this to all travellers ...especially those who perish in the Bali bombings in 2002 and again 2005
What is happening my friend ? I dont understand them . I dont know why they target us . Why did they do that to us . Us , the travellers , the tourist . We didnt do any harm to them , did we ? But why did they want to kill us ? why do they want to bomb us ? Are they happy if we die ? Will they be in heaven if they kill us ? Why ? why my friend ?
Why do they have to act in such a cowardly manner. I hope all the travellers here will send our message across. We have 500,000 memebers across the globe. Can Virtual tourist members do something ? We have to tell these people that we mean no harm and we actually contribute to the local tourism. We have to tell them that we come with a heart and soul that yearn to explore new culture.
We need a dialogue ! we need to protest on behalf of all peace loving travellers around the world. We did nothing , but we are always the target. Shame of all these cowardly bombings. These people are incapable of taking a bigger opponent but have to do it in such shameless coward manner. Take your disatisfaction to the military not civilians.
I was so disturbed yesterday when I saw the news headline that there were 4 bombs in Bali and I was even more shocked to find that the place that was bombed was actually a restaurant which lies on my Bali restaurant tips. The food there was really good, that my mum and sister insisted of going there for the second time. I do not dare to tell my mum, I hope she doesnt remember the restaurant from the picture in the newspaper. I hope she doesnt . I think she will not because she understands only little English. I dont think she can recognise the ravaged restaurant. That was Raja's place. the place which i have such fond memories with my sister and mum. If my mum realise about this , she would not travel again . It took us quite a while to convince her to travel.
And here is Raja's place during a happier time...
Perhaps its time I remove this tip from virtual tourist for good.
I pray for all of you, my travellers friend, and may god be with you all the time.
Well , just came back from Bali , but I am still there spiritually . Still attached to its many beautiful ancient temples,still clinging to its breathtaking views and still hearing the soothing sound of the bamboo wind chymes...hmmm..love it ...
You can choose to see sunset from many places like Pura Tanah Lot ( the temple build on the lava rock emerged from the sea ) , the Pura Uluwatu ( temple by the cliff ) or from Kuta Beach.
And they are spectacular in their own way ...then why choose ?...just see them all ?
The temples and the scenery offer a different sets of beauty ....magnificent cliff ...beautiful waves ...a perfect place to chill out or perhaps meditating ....
- Pros:Its a real breakaway place ...relaxing and mystical
- Cons:street touts
- In a nutshell:A paradise within paradise
The sswimming pool actualy exceed its 3 star rating and its very clean and being very well maintained ....also a baby... more travel advice
When we are travelling to Uluwatu on a private ( to see the beautiful CLIFF, temple and Kecak dance ) van chartered (... more travel advice
- See All Beautiful village in Tanah Lot
- See All Cremation Ceremony
- See All Eating local food and drinking the water...
kenyneo's Related Pages
Bali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharing my experiences Under the Bali Sunshine"
- "Bali, A Travel to Island Of Paradise :"
- "Bali, Indonesia..."
- "Bali - Island Beauty"
- "...stranded between heaven and earth"
- "BALI Of Gods, Goddesses & Demons"
- "Bali - Home of the Gods (& mischievious monkeys)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bali
- Hotels in Bali
- Transportation in Bali
- Nightlife in Bali
- Restaurants in Bali
- Shopping in Bali
- Warnings and Dangers in Bali
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bali
- 72 Reviews
- 104 Photos
- 59 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Bali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bali
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 89 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 62 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 57 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 61 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 48 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 44 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bahrain Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Europe Intro, 27 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos