"Journey to the West" Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah by kenyneo
Jiddah Travel Guide: 714 reviews and 1,299 photos
The name Jeddah meaning the "Ancestor of Women" is attributable to the tomb in the city which is believed to belong to Eve.
The second largest city after Riyadh, it is the main port of the Kingdom on the Red Sea and main gate through which most of the pilgrims arrive by air and sea to perform Umrah, Haj or to visit the two holy mosques. Area inhabited is more than 1,500 km, and population is more than one and half million. Jeddah is an industrial and active commercial center, with modern features, squares and courtyards. It is an important tourism center, with an eighty kilometer long beautiful corniche on the Red Sea coast. Jeddah also comprises the King Abdul Aziz University, King Abdul Aziz International Airport and Jeddah Islamic Port. King Fahd Fountain is located inside the Red Sea, near the coast, is an outstanding feature of the port of Jeddah particularly during the night when it sends beautiful colored water up to two hundred and sixty meters.
I started my journey from Jubail the Industrial city of Eastern Province and move west to Riyadh and then to Yanbu ( in the western province ) the Industrial counterpart of Jubail.
And finally to Jeddah ( Jiddah ) ...so what do I think about Jeddah ? Look at the picture !
one word COLOURFUL !!!!
- Pros:Its really a jewel of Saudi Arabia ....colourful life , nice people
- Cons:Well guess its the traffic ! But which big city doesnt have this ?
- In a nutshell:I am gonna come savour it again !
Ladies are not allowed to drive throughout the kingdom. This applies to expat as well. Thus moving around would be a... more travel advice
sunset at the Jeddah corniche is never the same ...not only the sky changes everytime ...but with so many sculpture and... more travel advice
kenyneo's Related Pages
Jiddah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Here is where I live"
- "Jiddah--the narrator of my tedious life's story"
- "life @ the beach"
- "~~Welcome to City of Eve~~"
- "Journey to the West"
- "jeddah,Jiddah: RedSea Bride,RedSea Mermaid"
- "fouads's new Jiddah Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jiddah
- Hotels in Jiddah
- Transportation in Jiddah
- Nightlife in Jiddah
- Restaurants in Jiddah
- Shopping in Jiddah
- Warnings and Dangers in Jiddah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jiddah
- 18 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Jiddah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jiddah
- Posted in Travel Bali Forum "Re: Bali Dream"
- Commented on one of DunaKal's Jiddah travel pages
- updated a Jiddah Travel Page "Journey to the West"
- Wrote a Review Driving for the ladies ... about Religion/History/Culture in Jiddah Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hubbly bubbly his way to relaxation ..."
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 89 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 62 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 57 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 61 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 48 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 44 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bahrain Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Europe Intro, 27 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos