Penang Shopping Tips by kenyneo Top 5 Page for this destination
Penang Shopping: 102 reviews and 116 photos
All of these shops are located on the top floor of the mall ( just one floor below the Bowling alley )
What to buy: Cheap VCD/CD / DVD and computer games ......
What to pay: VCD = RM 5
DVD = RM 8-10
Address: Near Pulau Tikus
Theme: Computers and Electronics
Well its usually stalls set up along the road in Batu Ferringhi
What to buy: Local batik , key chains , T Shirts , VCD/DVD
What to pay: Varies from stall to stall so its good to walk around and bargain ....things that are sold at these road side stall can be bargained
Directions: Batu Ferringhi
Theme: Local Craft
Well this place is a must if you wanna pack some local foodstuff back to your home country . Most of the things here are nicely packed , so its easy to bring along.
There are many shops there , so ask around and bargain before you buy . Dont buy from the first stall you stop , walk around !
What to buy: Hot stuff amongst local from other states includes
1) Dried Satay Fishes
2) Dried Squid Seasoned in Fine Sugar
3) Pepper Biscuits
4) Lau Hau ( the fruit, or drink ) both has
5) Tau Sar Pneah
What to pay: RM 10 for 1 big packet of satay fish ( contain 20-30 smaller packets inside ) , one box of pepper biscuit and a box of dried cuttle fish . Any of the above combination is possible
Address: Penang Road
Directions: Opposite the Police Headquarter
Theme: Food and Drink
More Reviews (86)
- See All Paper maid ???
- You can bring these ....
- See All Hokkien Mee
- See All Buddha of 5 Regions
- See All nside the ferry ...on our way to Pulau...
- See All Trishaw ..the traditional transporation...
kenyneo's Related Pages
Penang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Penang - Prince of Wales Island"
- "Penang - my birthplace"
- "colourful FUSION of culture"
- "Penang for Foodies"
- "Penang My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Penang
- Hotels in Penang
- Transportation in Penang
- Nightlife in Penang
- Restaurants in Penang
- Shopping in Penang
- Warnings and Dangers in Penang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Penang
- 89 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 57 Forum posts
- 80 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Penang
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 89 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 62 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 57 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 61 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 48 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 44 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bahrain Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Europe Intro, 27 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (83)
- Penang Hill (Bukit Bendera)- 90 Reviews, 192 Photos
- Kek Lok Si (Buddhist) Temple- 69 Reviews, 143 Photos
- Beaches in Penang- 24 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Reclining Buddha temple (Wat Chayamangkalaram)- 36 Reviews, 72 Photos
- Gurney Drive (sea-watch & hawker food)- 19 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion- 35 Reviews, 63 Photos
- The Botanical Gardens (monkey park)- 26 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Khoo Kongsi (Khoo clan temple)- 42 Reviews, 72 Photos
- KOMTAR- 13 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Burmese Temple (Dhammikarama)- 37 Reviews, 79 Photos
See All Penang Things to Do